DDoS and You

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
These kids are bothersome, but at least it's allowing me to keep reading rere. Are any of you being limited by these massive DDoS attacks? (It's kind of like the PlayStation / Xbox attack, but on a MUCH larger level.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Is that what is going on? I had noticed that the internet was being pretty shitty today.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yes, our email host for my small business is getting hit by these attacks. Really sucks because not only is it my main form of communication with clients it is also where we host our calendar.

giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
If there is some message these people want to get across? I am all ears, they certainly have my attention. What is their protest? What is their cause? As of right now, based on the information I have, they are just fucking with people because they can. I just don't understand that type of logic/line of thought.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dyn got DDoSed. Just the tip of the iceberg for mass botnet attacks on more high-profile internet resources compared to low-level targets like PSN or whatever Lizard or Poodle Corp script kiddies feel like going after.

Oldbased

> Than U
Internet is feeling like I do when I skip my metoprolol.
Always drink your ovaltine mr internet.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's 2 major network players that are being attacked. This is why everyone's shit isn't working. (twitter, reddit, Netflix, email clients among others)

The attack is happening to Dyn. They're a huge DNS host. Also, Level3 is having a pretty big outage as well, that may also be a result of DDoS attacks.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Level 3 pretty much has an outage every month. We used to be on TW Telecom and they were rock solid until they got bought out by Level 3 and absorbed their network.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's like the entire internet is being run by Draegan and Teljar. This site though is smooth sailing baby!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
tinfoil - This is false flag attack by us to blame on the russians. /tinfoil

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ok now I am starting to get pissed. This is actually costing me money because I cannot access my calendar. We are booked out about a month and I just cannot commit that much info to memory, maybe 20 years ago I could, but I can't now. If I cannot see my calendar I can't Bid on Due dates for jobs or schedule pending jobs, this is really fucking me.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, but this is like the next level of trolling. You watch South Park, right?

DDoS attacks don't hurt anyone. They're just for the lolz. At least that's what the script kiddies are thinking.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Email just came back!!!! I would like to take full credit for this change in circumstance, clearly it was my whiny bitch post above that resonated with the DDOSers and they took pity on me. You are all welcome!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess they don't have anything on the west coast?

I've been fine, and I haven't had issues connecting to anything (I'm assuming there's something I must route through the east coast to).