Dead Island: Epidemic

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
MOBA/L4D-type game from the developers who made Bloodline Champions. There is a lot of unlocking/grinding to be had but the game definitely does not feel P2W.

Early-access at the moment (per the norm) but give it a try if you're interested. Scavenger mode is the bread and butter of the game for me. You capture/hold points on the map to earn supply to evac. It is 4v4v4v npc monsters. The other mode is just PvE boring shit.

I hope this game doesn't share the same fate as BLC because it deserves some attention.

Dead Island: Epidemic on Steam

PM me if you want to play or add me on steam (same name/avatar.)

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
They just recently patched the game to make progression much easier and faster. You get something like 3x the experience of the past patch and you get to tier 6 weapons at a much earlier level (I think level 27 as opposed to something like 36.) You no longer get duplicate blueprints and they added gadgets, which are items that add passive stats to your character. At this point I'm pretty much shilling for the game but it really should be given a chance.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Echoing Accordian.

I'll log in and try again, but progression wasn't the issue for me. It was just flat out boring as fuck to play
frown.png
Sorry man.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Played for a few hours with a few friends. It was okay, if the progression is faster it may be somewhat more enjoyable but I didn't really care for the gameplay in general. It wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Another update:

Game is going in the right direction.

- A lot of the gating has been removed. You no longer have to level up your characters or weapons individually.
- PvE revamped and it is more compelling and challenging but there still could be improvements made in terms of variety in missions.
- PvP is still good just needs more players. EU is the place to be for PvP but NA has players during primetime.
- New character, Charlie, is quite imba rendering all other ranged characters fairly moot.
- Current meta is just stacking AoE abilities in team fights. Sam B + Charlie ult + any other AoE ult = team wipe. NA still hasn't caught up on this.
- Resource gain has been greatly improved.
- You now get weapon mods that you can equip on your weapons. There are legendary/epic/rare/uncommon/common mods that can drop. These are tied to your account level. I don't know at what point you start seeing legendaries but it is most likely 40+ and that isn't very hard to get. Mods are passive abilities like increased damage to zombies, 2 second invulnerability on death with like a 2 minute cooldown, a chance to reset your dodge after dodging, etc. There are many, many mods.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Played for a few hours with a few friends. It was okay, if the progression is faster it may be somewhat more enjoyable but I didn't really care for the gameplay in general. It wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea.
Progression has been significantly improved in my opinion.