Dead Space

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Come on, all of that stuff is big business for doctors and medical centers. It's, what, like $80k a head? That makes Pfizer's "$2k a head" for vaccinating 3 year olds look like chump change.
And it should mean revoking medical license, their motto is "Do no harm", right? I mean any half way human doctor realizes WTF hes doing and that its wrong. Even to mentally ill adults.

There are mentally ill people that want thier fucking limbs cut off too for some reason, do you cater to any whim like this? Or the fad of the decade?

Like Jordan Perterson said wait until the gay community finds out that the tranny that go through the procedure are like 80% confused gay people.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cyberpunk-era novels clearly detailed that stuff as a recognition of the descent of man/society. It wasn't a celebration of what the future could be such as Star Trek portrays a better tomorrow, it was a, "Look at what these fucked up bastards can get up to with enough money and unscrupulous ripperdocs who'll do anything for creds".

The folks on here are justifiably calling it out as stuff they're at best expected to be blind to and at worst embrace.
Except Dead Space is also thematically about the descent of man, so what's your point again? Oh, none.

Also Gavinmad's point seems to be that if choose-your-own-gender-adventure technology was flawless it wouldn't be objectionable? So anything set sufficiently in the future therefore wouldn't violate norms? IDK nothing anyone is saying here makes any sense.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Except Dead Space is also thematically about the descent of man, so what's your point again? Oh, none.

Also Gavinmad's point seems to be that if choose-your-own-gender-adventure technology was flawless it wouldn't be objectionable? So anything set sufficiently in the future therefore wouldn't violate norms? IDK nothing anyone is saying here makes any sense.
It’s weird that this game is about all these things that weren’t in the game 15 years ago. Weird.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It’s weird that this game is about all these things that weren’t in the game 15 years ago. Weird.
But it is not. I think I’m the only one playing it. Lol holy shit. It had one trans bathroom change and shitty captialism graffiti. There was a few “we stop following God’s word now we pay” or “God’s law not Altman’s” graffiti’s and of course that wasn’t in the first game and I see no one bringing that up.

/shrug it is a great remake. I’m half way through though so I guess Issac could have a sex change at the end and have a necromorph spray out his fronthole.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
But it is not. I think I’m the only one playing it. Lol holy shit. It had one trans bathroom change and shitty captialism graffiti. There was a few “we stop following God’s word now we pay” or “God’s law not Altman’s” graffiti’s and of course that wasn’t in the first game and I see no one bringing that up.

/shrug it is a great remake. I’m half way through though so I guess Issac could have a sex change at the end and have a necromorph spray out his fronthole.
PRO CHRISTIAN GRAFFITI?! Well fuck this game and its nazi messaging!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lets pour some more gasoline out...

The graffiti was there in the original!

1675589420143.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
easter egg

Pretty awesome. Another small example why Dead Space was one of the best games ever. It is perfect Sci Fi horror and the tiny details they put into the game are just phenomenal.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Anyone playing this on console as frustrated with the aim sensitivity as I am? It's fine for run of the mill enemies, but I'm on the Hive Mind and the stick is just way to sensitive to have any hope of hitting the targets with consistency. I've turned the sensitivity all the way down in the options and it's still retarded. The final sequence of the boss should be easy enough, but it's the controls that are making it so annoying. I can barely land a shot

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally picked this game up yesterday before the Steam sale ended. Only played for a short time but was fun and creepy. Looking forward to seeing the story play out.