Deathloop (PC, PS5) (Bethesda)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This came out today. Played about an hour. Could be an interesting game. I'm trying to play stealth mode so I may be a little slow into the game.

Fadaar

That guy
watched Lirik play for a bit before work, never played Dishonored but reminded me a lot of the Bioshock/Prey style of game

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Couple friends of mind picked it up and enjoy it quite a bit, i watched some but i got Dishonored vibes myself and its hard for me to get into 1st person games in general so its not for me.

spronk

FPS noob
looks like the kind of game I'd really enjoy, a bit of Dishonored mixed with some Hitman mixed with some rogue-lite/time loop elements. but no real rush to play it, the multiplayer sounds pretty lame - like Dark Souls, you are just griefing people or being griefed - and it sounds like some performance problems across the board, which no doubt they will fix over a few months.

just wait a year and it'll 100% be on gamepass on series X, maybe PC. If you really can't wait it'll probably be 50% on black friday. Sounds like it takes 20-30 hours to platinum the game, around 40 hours to 100% it.

at this point voting with your wallet is really the only power you have, i only day 1 buy games if it has big tittied anime girls

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Being PS5 exclusive must be really dialing down the demand for this. I wasn't sure I really wanted it and didn't get a game back to GameFly in time for it to ship on Monday, but they're having a big sale now and I hit the Keep button on one I have at home. It surprised me when that caused Deathloop to ship immediately, with any sort of popular release there would never have been any copies left to send out two days late.

I suppose there's no real reason not to just play on PS5 though. Game sounds so braindead easy with only one difficulty ("Game Journalist") that it won't matter whether you use a controller or m/k.

spronk

FPS noob
game is still $23 today (last day maybe) at gamestop, amazon and maybe others. was $23 at best buy too with steelbook but back up to $40 there now

i picked it up during black friday and installed it yesterday, played an hour or so and enjoy the game but don't love it. Its 100% from the studio that made Dishonored / Prey, you can feel it pretty much every moment of the game. I hate Julianna's voice, and I absolutely hate the combat so far since aiming is absolute shit but I have shit guns so maybe it gets better with better guns / mods / scopes / powers.

The damocles sword of "you fuck up 2-3 times, you gotta restart the level, no save scumming for you" kinda sucks. I hate mechanisms which punish experimentation, like I was fucking around the ice and drowned twice and then my loop was over. cool. I guess its not that bad, you can fuck around in a trial run and not really lose anything. Stealth is ass so far but I assume thats a power/slab thing again, I'm still in noob tier.

I guess its good this is a fairly short game, people rate it at 15-20 hours, I don't think I'd really want to play much longer. Unless you loved Dishonored/Prey i'd honestly just say wait for the free gamepass version in 8 months

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have never understood the love for Arkane games. Completely subjective I know, but from dishonored to Prey (of which I loved old school prey) they suck fucking ass and I’m trying to figure out how these games are getting so much attention.

And whose dicks were sucked with the Deathloop reviews?

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have never understood the love for Arkane games. Completely subjective I know, but from dishonored to Prey (of which I loved old school prey) they suck fucking ass and I’m trying to figure out how these games are getting so much attention.

And whose dicks were sucked with the Deathloop reviews?

Dishonored is pretty damn good, never played the second one, oh there was Dark Messiah which in a way plays like the original Thief in terms of movement.

Honestly they should make a new Arx Fatalis or atleast remake it.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I liked both Dishonored, they were pretty immersive although they had their flaws. The thing i liked most about them is the ability to really stealth most (all?) of the game using crazy powers, and just like Hitman you could sit down, think about what to do, plan it out, and save scum when you inevitably fucked up.

Can't really do that in Deathloop, it has that constant pressure of "if you fuck up, you will die". And its sooo easy to fuck up with detection radius/timers, patrolling enemies, cameras, etc. I'm not complaining, making decent progress, but it feels way more tense like Dark Souls rather than casual fun play.

Invasions are crazy though, just unlocked that and got both online trophies in 1 try invading random player. Man I am going to be playing offline, the added headache of some random asshat attacking me while I am trying to stealth around does NOT sound fun. It is pretty fun invading though, lol

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i quit after 4-5 hours just wasn't vibing with the game at launch but deathloop is now "free" on both PS+ Plus and Game pass

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IMO it's Arkane's second best game, just a little bit behind Prey, and far, far better than either Dishonored. Well, fourth best I guess if you want to go all the way back to Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, but that was a whole different era.

There's an update for all platforms to coincide with the Game Pass release, "Golden Loop". New power, new weapon, new enemy type, a bunch of new trinkets, and an extended ending (the original ending was good, not sure what really needed to be added there).

Game Pass version is cross-save between Xbox and PC too.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just downloaded this on PC via Xbox Game Pass.

I only lasted 20 minutes. The dialogue is cringe and the loss of control of character during cutscenes is really annoying.

I really enjoyed Prey, however.