Definied benefit plan

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just recently left a company with this pension plan that we contributed to. The requirements to retire with a full pension were years of service plus age to equal 85. Just wondering if anyone knew if I could withdraw my contributions etc upon my leaving the company?!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just recently left a company with this pension plan that we contributed to. The requirements to retire with a full pension were years of service plus age to equal 85. Just wondering if anyone knew if I could withdraw my contributions etc upon my leaving the company?!
No.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Yes.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Perhaps.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just depends on who's advice you take.

Tangurena_sl

shitlord
The plan document states whether you may or may not. My strongest advice is to leave the money there (unless it is a multi-employer plan). Every single time I have been offered a "buy out" from the crappy little pension I have, I have been offered between 10% and 50% of what it would cost to replace (a single life annuity with the same $ amount). Every person I personally know who took the payout regretted it years later.