Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Confirmed today:

Time to dust off those controllers boys.

• 5Weird Boner
  • 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I hope that they find some way to tie it to Dark Souls lore, that they keep the online play the same so that the dark/light changes affect your drop chances, and that they add in some totally new things.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Better graphics
60 fps
Fix exploits, especially Stockpile Thomas
Make pure bladestone not quite so retarded
Crystal lizards that escape aren't lost forever (completely ruins an entire run for builds such as bbs + moon uchigatana) and/or add pure moonlightstone as a mob drop somewhere
Restore and finish the sixth world
LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE

= Perfect game.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Seems to work great on RPCS3 for most people with high end hardware. I haven't tried since last year; back then my Ryzen 3600 and Radeon 5700 XT combo was too new/unsupported and crashed constantly even with Vulkan. I should try again, I would expect by now they've sorted everything out.

Edit: Tried it tonight and it seems to work more or less perfectly, aside from some fps drops when you roll through barrels (basically anything that uses Havok). Not sure if I can fix that by playing with settings, from what I understand it should really only affect 4 core / 4 thread CPUs and my 3600 is 6C/12T. Also mods can and should be used with Demon's Souls on RPCS3, IIRC the ones I have installed are high res font, Boletaria Reborn (2.1 Vibrant), and grey line removal. There's also a mod to add Monk's Head Wrappings for offline play and another called Unofficial Patches (Monk's Head plus also increases Pure Bladestone drop rate and lets you fat roll in 5-2). All available on Nexus.

Last edited:

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I downloaded rspc3 and tried to follow A YouTube tutorial but crapped out trying to find a copy of the demons souls iso that was legit.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I did a full run via ps3 emu about a year ago and it was great.

I did some sick regen build with that cool painted shield from the skeleton world.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_3.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_1.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_2.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_5.png

Not gonna lie, I'm very excited about this.

• 4Weird Boner
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, okay. Guess I'm buying another sony console. God damn, they always get me

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I play console/Pc games for maybe a few hours a week now, would be a waste of money. I'm jewtalian

I’m same, just fucking with you. If you do a PC don’t do it this summer. All the new shit coming out this fall means more options for high end, lower prices for mid.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's been said before but I wouldn't exclude the possibility of a PC port, since they're porting Horizon Dawn there's going to be a precedent for Sony stuff to be ported. It generally won't hurt Sony much if they port their exclusive to PC months/a year later like Square Enix often does, in fact it's basically additional money since a lot of people either rebuy the game or buy the game for the first time because they don't have a playstation and they probably don't see PC as a purely competing platform unlike the Xbox.

We'll see but yeah I'm not yet planning on buy a PS5 just to play Demon's Souls. Will eventually so if they don't port it that's fine but I'd wait until more announcements first.

Szlia

Better graphics
60 fps
Fix exploits, especially Stockpile Thomas
Make pure bladestone not quite so retarded
Crystal lizards that escape aren't lost forever (completely ruins an entire run for builds such as bbs + moon uchigatana) and/or add pure moonlightstone as a mob drop somewhere
Restore and finish the sixth world
LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE ALONE

= Perfect game.
I like your plan for the many people who never played the game, but, selfishly, as someone who played the game already, I hope they make a lot of changes/additions to it to give me a reason to play it again !

Evernothing

Yep, fuck. Now I'm tempted to not bother doing a PC build this summer

No word yet, but Demons Souls may release on PC as well.

The Bloodborne Remaster is coming to PC.

WIP leaked screens to confirm.

1591972323931.png

1591972342536.png

• 5Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users