Depressed friend keeps talking about killing me

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
We all have one of those buds who never got over college trauma I’m sure. I have one who is still hanging on to stupid shit and has been thru the ringer - all the ssris, electroshock, lithium, even ketamine and low dose shrooms. But just can’t seem to shake his anxiety and anger.
Anyways he keeps talking about this shit for years now, how he is going to take me down with him when he offs himself; I’ve told him I don’t wanna put ur ass in a 5150 because you’ve been thru that before and it didn’t help you but you gotta stop with this shit. He’s been ramping up lately and I’m debating what I should do next. I’m like 95% hes kidding, 5% he might mean it. He is one of my best friends so it kinda sucks

• 2WTF
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Buy a gun, defend yourself when he tries to kill you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
We all have one of those buds who never got over college trauma I’m sure. I have one who is still hanging on to stupid shit and has been thru the ringer - all the ssris, electroshock, lithium, even ketamine and low dose shrooms. But just can’t seem to shake his anxiety and anger.
Anyways he keeps talking about this shit for years now, how he is going to take me down with him when he offs himself; I’ve told him I don’t wanna put ur ass in a 5150 because you’ve been thru that before and it didn’t help you but you gotta stop with this shit. He’s been ramping up lately and I’m debating what I should do next. I’m like 95% hes kidding, 5% he might mean it. He is one of my best friends so it kinda sucks
I had a best friend, then moved and had another best friend. Right before college by chance they both moved to same town. I introduced them to each other while I was off. I've known them both now 20+ years but they turned angsty and super aggressive synergizing their worst qualities instead of best. Had to distance myself.

Tldr: You can't put up with that shit. Compulsivity can make someone do anything - if there is any chance of harm, it's your responsibility to curb that shit. Report them. I was a mental health counselor who dealt with people like that every day. The facilities I worked at were staffed with brilliant and genuine people.

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
get new locks on your doors , upgrade security around your home. tell your work about this guy. dont accept visits from him if he shows up. stop talking to him. carry a weapon. make new friends.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Had one of those that would get a kick out of pointing guns at you, but would act super apologetic after you’d get pissed. Just cut him off. Lots of good people in the world and you didn’t sign up for an early exit. Not worth

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
What the hell is his official diagnosis? Sounds pretty psychotic to me and that's dangerous as fuck.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
suck my dick wwe GIF

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
"Friend"

DENNIS SYSTEM his ass, with strong emphasis on separate entirely, neglect emotionally. I had a buddy like that 10 years ago (not super close but hung out often) that got super weird like that, started having some mental issues etc and I just blocked the guy from my life entirely. Moved across town and haven't seen him in a decade. His brother hit me up like a year after that asking what the deal was, and I just said the truth - life's too short to carry somebody else's water (unless it's your childs or your spouses), including your parents', siblings', best friends' etc. I expected to hear news of my buddies death etc but never did and it turns out he seems to be doing okay (granted, he's 41 living in his parents detached garage). He got a job and a life. Good for him, and I got to separate the BS from my life.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Most people think "oh, he's just joking" and then something violent and tragic happens. He needs help. Tell someone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

If he describes how he’s gonna do it he’s thought a lot about it. The fact that he’s telling you is a HUGE warning sign imo.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
It's already been suggested above. Tell someone, report to authorities, inform friend you decided you're keeping your distance, block&move forward.

For you and them, this is the way.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pasteton Pasteton hasn’t posted in this thread for a while. It’s probably safe to assume he’s dead and his friend that killed him took over his account. You guys can stop replying here.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pasteton Pasteton hasn’t posted in this thread for a while. It’s probably safe to assume he’s dead and his friend that killed him took over his account. You guys can stop replying here.
I'd claim that I'm the one who killed him but nobody would believe I had a friend.

• 6Worf
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users