Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I dont know if it makes sense to bother with the game now if you arent interested in PvP.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wha? There is plenty of mission based content, probably about 40+ hours worth with all the expansions just to check out the game, play it through.

ITs been a while, and correct me if wrong, but... Includes story and a few playthroughs of strikes.
Vanila-10-20 hours
Crota expansion-8 hours?
Reef expansion-6 hours?
Linch King expansion-10-15 hours?
Latest expansion-6 hours?

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The Taken King and Rise of Iron were both really fun with friends. I'm looking forward to my PS4 ReRe brethren for Destiny 2 since both of my real life friends that play won't get off Xbox's dick.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wha? There is plenty of mission based content, probably about 40+ hours worth with all the expansions just to check out the game, play it through.

ITs been a while, and correct me if wrong, but... Includes story and a few playthroughs of strikes.
Vanila-10-20 hours
Crota expansion-8 hours?
Reef expansion-6 hours?
Linch King expansion-10-15 hours?
Latest expansion-6 hours?

Yeah, that sounds decent enough for $30 even though I've already done the vanilla part on all three classes. Is RoI really shorter in story content than the first two DLCs?

And now I remember why I don't buy console games digitally. PSN is currently chugging along at 3GB per hour compared to downloading a game from GOG (at the same time) at almost 3GB per minute. That's goddamn embarrassing for Sony, even if a lot of people are downloading stuff from the E3 sale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Ha, I was just coming to ask if it was worth buying the collection. Time Wasted site says I quit back in November 2014 with 173 hours played. I guess I'll give it a shot. I need $10 more to hit $100 anyways. I've been having that Destiny inch and I'm curious to see what has changed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ha, I was just coming to ask if it was worth buying the collection. Time Wasted site says I quit back in November 2014 with 173 hours played. I guess I'll give it a shot. I need $10 more to hit $100 anyways. I've been having that Destiny inch and I'm curious to see what has changed.

The biggest impact change was the way you get light levels now. Basically they upgraded the whole system to steadily progress you to whatever the end game light level is. You get drops and you infuse them into your prefere gear. So for instance you have your favorite boots at LL335 and then some boots drop at LL 342, you can infuse them into your boots, making them LL342. Granted the last 10 light points are still primarily from raid drops and nightfall, but they added other activities to light level gear like SRL racing events and Iron Banner which is once a month. Iron banner alone will get you farmable gear that steadily increases your light past 390. I never raided int his game other than to see it a few times and experience it, but I was always only at most 1-2 points away from top light level (which really does not mean dick anyway as long as you are within 10) There are other ways as well as exotic engram drops, which you can now farm, PvP weekly bounties, etc.... In other words you are not stuck at needing some RNG helmet or boot drop from raid to advance anymore like in vanilla.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why would they scrap a system that was widely accepted as working and fun and just plain better and go back to what it was before? Makes no sense, bro.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
reece.JPG

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why would they scrap a system that was widely accepted as working and fun and just plain better and go back to what it was before? Makes no sense, bro.
I took a long hiatus and must say, no a huge fan of the new system. Maybe if certain drops had static light levels it would be slightly better, rather than the always +/- 1 to 3

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I took a long hiatus and must say, no a huge fan of the new system. Maybe if certain drops had static light levels it would be slightly better, rather than the always +/- 1 to 3

Yeah I have to agree with you on that one. Having to always equip your best light gear before decrypting the shit is a PITA. Sometimes you just forget and get fucked. But overall its a way better system than what it was. even in its last iteration where you could still upgrade, but not for full amount.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What I always hated was that you couldn't upgrade a blue gun you liked to a purple with random stats. Some of those Suros weapons looked awesome but were blues only, would have been nice to eat a purple and give it RNG stats so I could keep using it if I liked the weapon. This would have also given more loot options and variations.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Just reinstalled on XBONE

Did all the quests for Rise of Iron and Taken King in long day. On one character. Just finished the ROI quest but have some new tasks after getting my new sword. Going to work on that soon then look into Kings Fall and the new raid. Cant wait to get up high, im like 340, so I can do VOG again!!!!!!!!!

Deputy Bobandy on XBONE

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Taken King and Rise of Iron were both really fun with friends. I'm looking forward to my PS4 ReRe brethren for Destiny 2 since both of my real life friends that play won't get off Xbox's dick.
I'll be there as BigCrone on Ps4. Most of my buddies are only considering it for PC if at all, so I'm counting on the ReRe boys to help out. I missed the mad rush, and supposedly super insane FUN of the first Destiny with ReRe, so I hope I can make this one. :)

sarthis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bungie is doing clan cleanup for the transition to Destiny 2. Any idea what will happen to Clan Rerolled?

edit: PS4