Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
Said it before, even though I own Destiny on PS4 I'd totally drop $40 to get the original on PC. Still got another 3 months til D2 comes out for PC anyway.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'm such a salty, butthurt nerd that I wouldn't give them $20 even if D2 was completely amazeballs.

Looks like I don't have to worry about that. Fuck 'em

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing the shit out of the PVP on D2 which is strange because I was never too hot on PVP in D1. It definitely has leveled the playing field for casuals. It may change as all the guns and armor in the game become available but as it stands now there is very little difference between good players and bad players. Its pretty competitive in most matches. In D1 I was not a good PVP player and would die very quickly in most games. This really discouraged me from playing PVP in D1 because I was constantly getting headshoted with a sniper rifle as soon as I turned a corner. This D2 play style at least makes it somewhat fun to play since you have a decent chance to stay alive and do some killing. I can see this being a double edge sword though. PVP jedi will hate it because they are not as uber as before, but PVP newbs like myself might actually play it more if we can be competitive.

Couple of lessons learned:

* Most fights for me are taking place in the air. As a matter of fact as a Warlock I am in the air most of the time gliding around the board. Better to enter a contested area in the air to not be in direct line of fire right away.
* The power weapons just straight up SUCK. I hardly ever waste my time getting the heavy ammo.
* The name of the PVP game is definitely going to be teamwork. Lone Wolves get smoked pretty quickly.
* Best game so far I had 19 kills and 0 deaths. I should have quit and never played the game again after that lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I only ran one strike and did a couple of crucible matches, so it's really hard to tell.

Either way, going to be playing release day when it is delivered. I'm sure Fourth and Bromley will be max level by the time I even get started

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I only ran one strike and did a couple of crucible matches, so it's really hard to tell.

Either way, going to be playing release day when it is delivered. I'm sure Fourth and Bromley will be max level by the time I even get started
Can't wait to get the old crew back in action! I miss logging in at 5am on Tuesdays for raid resets and shit.

You were the guy that just had a kid at the first release right?

-lexicon929

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't wait to get the old crew back in action! I miss logging in at 5am on Tuesdays for raid resets and shit.

-lexicon929
3 kids. All at the same damn time! :eek:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Rolf, both my kids were on my fireteam. Had them back in like 2001 and 2004

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
* The power weapons just straight up SUCK. I hardly ever waste my time getting the heavy ammo.

Nice example of why noob pvpers will continue to get shit on lol. Shotguns and fusion rifles are monsters.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

"Destiny 2's Coldheart, from the Omolon foundry, is the first exotic trace rifle in the game. It will begin as a pre-order incentive, but should become obtainable for all players after December 5th, 2017.

While it builds the lore of the Omolon foundry, Coldheart also expands the types of weapons you're able to acquire in the world of Destiny. While the recoil is high, the longer you're able to hold Coldheart onto a target, the amount of damage it causes will increase over time. To achieve the technical aspects of a straight line weapon in the world the team also developed some new technology behind the scenes to ensure it functioned properly. Jon Weisnewski of Bungie did say that the team is trying more interesting player experiences with exotics and all weapons in Destiny 2 moving forward. We'll have to wait and see how damaging the new tech will be to our enemies."

Lmao

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

"Destiny 2's Coldheart, from the Omolon foundry, is the first exotic trace rifle in the game. It will begin as a pre-order incentive, but should become obtainable for all players after December 5th, 2017.

While it builds the lore of the Omolon foundry, Coldheart also expands the types of weapons you're able to acquire in the world of Destiny. While the recoil is high, the longer you're able to hold Coldheart onto a target, the amount of damage it causes will increase over time. To achieve the technical aspects of a straight line weapon in the world the team also developed some new technology behind the scenes to ensure it functioned properly. Jon Weisnewski of Bungie did say that the team is trying more interesting player experiences with exotics and all weapons in Destiny 2 moving forward. We'll have to wait and see how damaging the new tech will be to our enemies."

Lmao

Yeah that was a sweet gun in Cod:AW

Does any company have a female on staff that doesn't look like that and looks like a real chick?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

-lexicon929
Nah, I had triplets but it was about a year after release. They were born shortly after TTK release, which is why I wasn't really around anymore for that expansion. I think I played around for the first week of it since I already had the season pass, but that was about it.

But yeah, probably the most fun is going to be playing with most of the people again from D1. I'm not on east coast time anymore so I won't have to deal with staying up way too late.

spronk

FPS noob
i still remember logging in every week and looking at TheFourth and thinking "how the fuck did this guy get so geared so fast"

also remember most of us still leveling like week 2 when gally was sold by Xur, and like 2-3 people were max level and bought it and then the gally was never sold again by Xur

i've been logging in almost every week into Destiny for a year just to collect my freebie shit from the reef, no idea why. don't play or anything, just don't wanna lose out on my FREE SHIT

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I bought the gally 2nd week because I was just BARELY short on Xur's first visit. It was that suros rifle and I was so pissed that Fourth had enough to get one.

Haha! Eat it, fuckers.
I also thought that rocket launcher was dumb until I started using it in VOG and PvP.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm still torn on what platform. I still don't understand why this game won't have character migration, it is all on Bungie's end.

I'm either going PS4 or PC and I can't decide.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nice example of why noob pvpers will continue to get shit on lol. Shotguns and fusion rifles are monsters.

I was thinking the same thing lol. Getting shot package with that range zomg. Was always 2 kills when I picked up power ammo most of the time I could get 4. The primary guns are so weak nobody could stop you from pushing them whenever you decided it was time to shit on people.