Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I haven't been following this at all and didn't realize it is releasing in a few weeks. I'm a PC gamer. I never did play Destiny 1 but love FPS and loot collecting games. So what's the concensus here? Is it worth a buy on PC? I'm assuming it's had beta for a while. I need a new mmo loot type game to scratch the itch. I did enjoy The Division if that counts for anything.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I haven't been following this at all and didn't realize it is releasing in a few weeks. I'm a PC gamer. I never did play Destiny 1 but love FPS and loot collecting games. So what's the concensus here? Is it worth a buy on PC? I'm assuming it's had beta for a while. I need a new mmo loot type game to scratch the itch. I did enjoy The Division if that counts for anything.

PC version beta is in about a week. Can try it yourself. PC version doesn't release until late October (if I remember correctly), while console versions are out Sept 6.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, PC release is Oct 24 with beta next week. I loved it on console, so hoping for the best.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That 1 month of console users having it should tell us all we need to know, I'm definitely down to play on PC.

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm getting it on PS4 because it's the most comfortable way for me to play and I don't have a top end pc, but I'm tempted to buy one because the pc version of D2 has unlimited fps and adjustable fov (unlike consoles locked at 30fps and 60fov)

Malkav

French Madman
I'll get it on PC and switch between my 4K TV with a lapboard and my 21:9 PC screen as the mood strikes me.

Too bad they didn't use HDR in the game.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm playing on PS4 Pro, that version has HDR plus some exclusive PS4 gear, strike, and PVP map. I might double dip on PC if the game is good and engaging for more than a month, I'd put the odds of that at 20% though right now. it just feels a bit uninspired and not as fun (core game mechanics wise) as Destiny 1

Malkav

French Madman
i'm playing on PS4 Pro, that version has HDR plus some exclusive PS4 gear, strike, and PVP map. I might double dip on PC if the game is good and engaging for more than a month, I'd put the odds of that at 20% though right now. it just feels a bit uninspired and not as fun (core game mechanics wise) as Destiny 1

Nah, even the PS4 Pro doesn't have HDR for the game. Sure didn't have it in the beta at least.

Hekotat

Yeah I'm pretty sure the consoles weren't getting any HDR gooderer bells and whistles, even the pro.

Malkav

French Madman
Good to know SLI support won't be in the beta. Won't have to wonder why it runs like shit on my 1070 SLI setup then.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I have two beta keys if anyone who hasn't preordered wants to check it out - first two PMs get them. As i understand, they are good for any of the platforms, not sure if you can use it across all of them though.

Hekotat

PM'd

I'd double dip if they had allowed character migration, they can go fuck themselves for not allowing that.

kahilm

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else not get their pre-order beta code yet? Let me clarify... pre-ordered standard physical PC copy from Amazon. Got a code from Amazon to enter in Bungie's website. Tried to enter it into Bungie's website, they said try again in August (pre-ordered in June). Tried again recently, now it says something like "All console betas have concluded. PC beta will be in late August." I still haven't received a beta key to give to Blizzard (if that's what I have to do????) .... fuck. I just want my sweet sweet one day of early access next week that I paid zero dollars for.