Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
Didn't see a thread so put this up here, looks to be pretty ambitious, spanning 10 years.. wanting 40+ hours of game play.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Burned too many times to be optimistic, despite the pretty art direction.

rrr_img_13862.jpg

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
I respect Bungie as a company. I didn't play Halo after #3, so I don't know if they got terrible or not, but I enjoyed those more than most people here might claim to. I thought they brought a level of refinement to FPS's that was nonexistent in consoles at the time. I look forward to seeing what they've got.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They plan to keep the game going for 10+ years, so PC ? I mean next gen consoles could easily last 10 years, but why limit yourself ?

Big words, shame there was nothing concrete.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It sounds like the announcement was so dull because Sony got them to pull gameplay so they could reveal it at their big meeting on Wednesday.

However, I wouldn't get your hopes up: I think that's for the PS3 version. I don't think there's a PS4 version until 2015.

Getting a major Gregory Benford's Great Sky River vibe from the setup. Not a sentence I ever thought I would write.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It sounds fucking awesome, I'm trying to not get my hopes up but holy shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the only confirmed platforms so far are 360 and PS3, with PC not being out of the question. I guess you could play 360 vs PS3, but PC players need to be separated because m+kb stomps gamepad users.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
You know if they made this game sort of an MMO/FPS game it could be epic. You have the central city where its server based, and all avatars can wander the city with shops, AH's and such for different weapons and armor. Different Clan Halls, Guild Halls, and job recruitment stations. With the storyline you can play single, or Id say up to 4 player co-op. After you play the campaign is when the city becomes accessible and you can find groups for other random missions. Full character customizations with rare armors and weapons. The different jobs you can take would be like Halo 4's Spartan Ops. Throw in some Firefight from Halo 3 as defend type missions with rewards similar to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Future expansions are new area's taken back as you fight back against the alien threat. Like a jungle area, desert area and so forth.

As you grow in power so do the enemies get more powerful. Mowing down waves and waves of easier infantry who you struggled against at first and then fighting what used to be bosses earlier on but are now mid level enemies as you fight stronger bad guys. Viewing you more as a threat as you claim back more of your world.

Maybe even throw in some form of organized Clan play where clans can que up for competitions and such. 16 vs 16 payer clan fights in arena's.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
You know if they made this game sort of an MMO/FPS game it could be epic. You have the central city where its server based, and all avatars can wander the city with shops, AH's and such for different weapons and armor. Different Clan Halls, Guild Halls, and job recruitment stations. With the storyline you can play single, or Id say up to 4 player co-op. After you play the campaign is when the city becomes accessible and you can find groups for other random missions. Full character customizations with rare armors and weapons. The different jobs you can take would be like Halo 4's Spartan Ops. Throw in some Firefight from Halo 3 as defend type missions with rewards similar to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Future expansions are new area's taken back as you fight back against the alien threat. Like a jungle area, desert area and so forth.

As you grow in power so do the enemies get more powerful. Mowing down waves and waves of easier infantry who you struggled against at first and then fighting what used to be bosses earlier on but are now mid level enemies as you fight stronger bad guys. Viewing you more as a threat as you claim back more of your world.

Maybe even throw in some form of organized Clan play where clans can que up for competitions and such. 16 vs 16 payer clan fights in arena's.
So....basically Borderlands: Online?

nuday

Golden Squire
That video was lol worthy for sure. They spent 4 minutes masturbating to the fact that they're bungie, and then that little guy at the end talking about how "nothing can top halo" with that little smile..

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
There was absolutely nothing that wowed me about this reveal. Not the environment, not the grand designs that's going to "change gaming forever". All I see is a FPS MMO that has a companion mobile app, maybe?

Good luck Bungie, you'll need it.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
For the life of me, I don't understand why the evil aliens just don't nuke the city.

DMK_sl

shitlord
So this looked awesome at E3. It's shaping up to be something special IMO. I love how in depth the lore seems.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game looks gorgeous and that 60fps HTML5 video they use on the site is really nice as well. Too bad I can't get into FPS shooters, would love to see this universe played out in a more story driven 3rd person type game like Mass Effect.