Detroit: Become Human

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
ds-55.jpg

Detroit: Become Human is an upcoming neo-noir thriller video game developed by Quantic Dream and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for release on the PlayStation 4 in 2018. The plot revolves around three androids: Kara, who escapes the factory she was made in to explore her newfound sentience; Connor, whose job it is to hunt down deviant androids like Kara; and Markus, who devotes himself to releasing the androids from servitude. The characters may survive or perish depending on the choices that are made, which serve to shape the story as customised by the player.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Please let this one be more like Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit, and nothing like Beyond: Two Souls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Please let this one be more like Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit, and nothing like Beyond: Two Souls.
So, ending with sick Matrix battles with immortal Mayan priests and space AIs? David Cage games are such wonderfully entertaining trainwrecks.

Vorph

I was thinking more along the lines of having actual bad outcomes, but yeah, Fahrenheit did kind of go off the rails at the end. Was there a single fail state anywhere in B:TS? I can't remember one, but I also tried to forget I ever played that game the moment I finished it.

Vorph

Seems like a return to Heavy Rain's style and not another retarded shitshow like Beyond: Two Souls. Demo was interesting enough to get me to keep my preorder.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just tried the PS4 demo of this for about 30 minutes. Definitely doesn't feel like my type of game, but it still seems very well done. I'm just not a fan of detective/forensics type games.

Curious to hear what others think.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I had not heard of this before PAX and it was quite an eye-opener for me. I am a huge fan of the setting and detective type games in general so I feel this is right up my alley. I also love that they give you the full decision web along with stats for both the world and your friends. I ended up playing through the demo a few different times and still didn't manage to see all the possible endings.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Good demo. I kept going back and trying various story trees. This will definitely be a rental from Gamefly though.

Vorph

Beyond's story isn't terrible, but the game is completely linear with no fail states or really any sort of challenge whatsoever. It's the one David Cage game where the people who hate his stuff are correct in saying it might as well be a movie. Thankfully Detroit seems to have returned to the Heavy Rain style; you can even see in the demo that it's possible to kill off a main character in his very first scene.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Detroit: Become Human comes out this week. I actually was showing the demo to some friends after movie night on Saturday and they actually were shocked that it was a game. One, who is very much not a gamer, said he wanted to come over and watch me play it while he ate popcorn. (I have the PS4 set up in our home theater on the lower level)

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
It might be just me, but I have zero interest in this game, even to install if/when it comes out on PS+

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't wait to listen to Pat, Matt, and Woolie shit all over another David Cage game

I assume this will finally lead to the murder suicide pact that Woolie was nearly driven to at the end of Omikron, which is still possibly the best LP I've seen.

Fadaar

That guy
Shit I never finished that one. Or KOTOR. Gah need some time off to have it on in the background.

Edit: Actually my favorite of theirs was I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. For a game I was expecting to hate to watch the LP was great. That one and Until Dawn where Matt somehow managed to not fuck anything up.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shit I never finished that one. Or KOTOR. Gah need some time off to have it on in the background.

Edit: Actually my favorite of theirs was I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. For a game I was expecting to hate to watch the LP was great. That one and Until Dawn where Matt somehow managed to not fuck anything up.

Someone took the important moments from the LP, but it's a rare gem in which it starts with the stereotypical "bad" game playthrough and by the end they are legitimately trying to beat it out of hatred and you can see the subtle turn all the conversations take into being angry at each other.

The point at which Woolie snaps.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Will definitely be a rental, but I have alwats liked these kinds of games.

I loved Beyond two souls and Heavy Rain.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Can't wait to listen to Pat, Matt, and Woolie shit all over another David Cage game
Pretty much where I’m at with this game. It can’t possibly be the descent into madness that was the Omikron LP, but it should still be a fun train wreck.