Detroit - No, really

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You won't die. You'll be sold into sex slavery and wish you were dead.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That particular location isn't that bad and the Trumbleplex is protected well enough. Just don't stop for any stoplights at night when you drive around that area.

For posterity, downtown Detroit is pretty safe and a good place to visit. Many of the surrounding neighborhoods have high crime rates but the danger is minimal if you're in your car and not parked.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm on Google street view trying to determine how many white people are in the area.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If the recommendation is to not stop at a stop light, I'm going with "not enough".

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For posterity, downtown Detroit is pretty safe and a good place to visit. Many of the surrounding neighborhoods have high crime rates but the danger is minimal if you're in your car and not parked.
I've only been to Detroit once and it was also for a show. This was at the Fox. That part of town (Greektown?) is pretty damn nice. I left with a somewhat positive impression of Detroit. The layout of roads in that area is dogshit though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just heard an ad on the radio promoting Detroit as the best place to shop for Christmas.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Detroit's fine if you're in the downtown region. Don't listen to the haters.

If someone gets in front of your car at a stop light while you're driving in or out, go over them. They're not alone, and other people will be at the driver side window almost at once.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Detroit's fine if you're in the downtown region. Don't listen to the haters.

If someone gets in front of your car at a stop light while you're driving in or out, go over them. They're not alone, and other people will be at the driver side window almost at once.
First sentence does not match the second one.

Sho, Detroit be safe and shit. I mean you might has ta kill some Wakandans if they step to you at a stop light, but other than that it's aight.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
First sentence does not match the second one.

Sho, Detroit be safe and shit. I mean you might has ta kill some Wakandans if they step to you at a stop light, but other than that it's aight.
I was unclear. The down town area is fine. If you're driving in to town and you're still in the outlying areas, less safe. That's where you need to exercise caution.

That's all.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Since I'm from Canada I usually go through Windsor to get to Detroit, so I usually miss seeing the ghettos.

I did however drive through Highland Park once. Scary scary scary.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I don't understand the Detroit thing at all. How can we allow Somalia in the middle of our country? Shouldn't we be able to do something to fix it?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's what all your major cities will eventually look like someday. Just get used to it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Detroit is on a fast track to looking like Eastern Europe. More Midwest cities are to follow. Cleveland and St. Louis are losing population yearly at a drastic rate.

kudos

<Banned>
As long as you have a strong grasp of ebonics and answer every question with "SHEEEEEEEIIIIIT", you'll be fine.