Developing an Emu

Just wondering how feasible would it be to have a working eq pvp server in about a years time. Mind you, I don't even know where to begin but I feel like my spare time would be better spent trying this. Not only would it be fun but a good learning experience for future game endeavors. I see WoW private servers all over the place and there are plenty of eq emus so I imagine it's not too difficult but I'll let you guys be the judge.

So is creating a working emu similar to modding? I am unsure of what deving and maintaining an emu actually entails so can anyone clear that up?

Supposedly epicemu is supposed to be putting together a guide to running an eq server without using eqemu but well see. I guess it would be best using eqemu to begin. How are there so many wow private servers ran independently without something like eqemu yet almost the entire eq private server community is under one roof?

Rezonation_sl

shitlord
Perhaps it has something to do with the disparity of monthly subs between EverQuest and World of Warcraft when both were at their peak.

hmm dats true. well rumor has it secrets/vile are in talks of a new server. maybe I start with them and get some experience working on something other than a hello world program. i dont take baby steps, i take man leaps.