Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Exodus
  • Decreased Movement Speed (Uncapped) to +10% from +25%

Because fuck you, thats why.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The devs have refused to create a news post to state this but soul shards (S25 legendary helm/weapon gem replacements) are indeed planned for S30. The nerfed Altar + Vision portals will be combined with old season themes going forward. The Altar will need to be unlocked every new season and no sign of a gibbering gemstone nerf so plan your season starts accordingly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Won't get news on S29 end / S30 start for another few days

Darkening of Tristam is active until the end of the month. While it would be nice to have that active during soul shard S30 (bosses there drop all 7 shards on T16) the absolute earliest possible S29 end is Jan 21 / S30 start Jan 26.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Previous tweet was a filthy lie apparently. S30 starts Jan 12
  • Barbarian: The Legacy of Raekor
  • Crusader: Armor of Akkhan
  • Demon Hunter: Embodiment of the Marauder
  • Monk: Inna’s Reach
  • Necromancer: Pestilence Master’s Shroud
  • Witch Doctor: Zunimassa’s Haunt
  • Wizard: Delsere’s Magnum Opus
Chilltara now has a 20% drop rate of Gibbering Gemstone.

Leveling options:
1) Altar 2nd power lets you remove level requirements from gear for some arcane dust, reusable parts, and a diamond (any level). Train blacksmith to 60 or 70 to craft gear (visions can drop Death's Breath at lower levels if you are not doing the CR cache and saving for 15th altar node)
2) Soul shards can be obtained even at level 1 from ZK and Magha around 30-50% drop rate allegedly. These shards dismantle into Marquis or higher gems. High level ruby gem for weapon damage and helm xp, even a diamond for the altar. Gems can be sold for enough gold to level up the blacksmith.

Malakriss

Stayed up on the first night until P500, could not get an Echoing nightmare until today and then immediately sacced my challenge cache after. The marginal boost to leveling is not worth spending the cache when you already need it for the altar the next day.

Visions and bounty mats are nice for doing the 2-3 set pieces, my second primal of the season was actually a crafted one which still gives the mats.

edit: 2nd batch of 300x forgotten souls slowing me up (node 21/26). I only have a level 25 bane of the trapped and level 40 boon lol
edit2: P743 with main gems at 35, finished GR110 to unlock the 1600 blood shard node and the last primal i needed dropped from it to finish the altar.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Season 31: Season of the Forbidden Archives. Starting on April 12 at 5 p.m. PDT/CET/KST
For the duration of Season 31, the slots in Kanai’s Cube that allow you to equip three additional Legendary powers will not be restricted to their usual categories.
  • Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes
  • Crusader – Roland’s Legacy
  • Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence
  • Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms
  • Necromancer – Bones of Rathma
  • Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness
  • Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users