Diablo II - Resurrected

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Titan Quest is one of my top ARPGs. I would say D2 is my first pick and Titan Quest is my second.
Loved titan quest back in the day but after playing grim dawn I can’t go back to TQ. It just feels so dated without all the QoL stuff they put in GD.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never understood the hate for Witcher 2. While it was no dark souls gameplay wise, it was still leaps and bounds better than Witcher 1 in that arena with awesome story telling and lore to back it up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never understood the hate for Witcher 2. While it was no dark souls gameplay wise, it was still leaps and bounds better than Witcher 1 in that arena with awesome story telling and lore to back it up.
Leaps and bounds better than a shit game can still be a pretty shit game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
At the time it didn’t seem too bad but trying to go back to it I was not impressed and just couldn’t do it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Warhammer: Chaosbane was on Humble Choice recently. Looks like an ARPG, anyone played it and have any thoughts?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Are there any good examples of shit game, shit game, holy shit balls good game?

GTA 1 and 2 vs GTA 3? Not that GTA 1 and 2 were bad, but GTA 3 was revolutionary and really put Rockstar on the map. I don't remember them really being known for much else before then.

Witcher 1 and 2 probably in the same boat. I remember the first version of Witcher being pretty rough around the edges before the Enhanced Director's cut came out.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So diving back in to Path of Diablo a bit got me thinking on this remaster, and boy do I suspect people are gonna be disappointed with it. If they stick to their claim that this is purely a graphical update and there's not gonna be any balance/QoL changes I'm not sure the game will actually even be worth playing. Just think about it:

No loot filters, damage immunity everywhere in hell making only a handful of builds viable at all, droprates that were so fucking bad it took legions of bots farming 24/7 to prop up the economy, no respecs, weird shit like merc attribute scaling fucking you if you didn't know it existed, etc etc.

People are riding high on the nostalgia train and hopium, but base D2 is not a good game by any kind of modern standard. Mods like PoD or PD2 have done a lot to modernize the game and make it actually playable, but I'm not convinced a base D2 without any of that is what anyone actually wants, despite what they think they want?

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So diving back in to Path of Diablo a bit got me thinking on this remaster, and boy do I suspect people are gonna be disappointed with it. If they stick to their claim that this is purely a graphical update and there's not gonna be any balance/QoL changes I'm not sure the game will actually even be worth playing. Just think about it:

No loot filters, damage immunity everywhere in hell making only a handful of builds viable at all, droprates that were so fucking bad it took legions of bots farming 24/7 to prop up the economy, no respecs, weird shit like merc attribute scaling fucking you if you didn't know it existed, etc etc.

People are riding high on the nostalgia train and hopium, but base D2 is not a good game by any kind of modern standard. Mods like PoD or PD2 have done a lot to modernize the game and make it actually playable, but I'm not convinced a base D2 without any of that is what anyone actually wants, despite what they think they want?

Pretty sure respecs exist actually but ya everything else about D2 is just super dated and trash. Zero real end game. The hype will exist for about 3 months and then people will leave the game in droves not long after reaching the end game.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't remember the name of it, but there was a d2 mod I loved that massively increased the types/values of Charms in game, and had an super costly cube recipe to turn them into permanent boosts. Also updated spell synergy bonuses to try to make more viable builds.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
No, its what people want. People still play D2 today, because it is D2. Fuck mods, fuck PoD and PD2. D2 is all you need. If you want something other than D2, there is a plethora of options out there for you. Leave D2 the fuck alone and give it the graphical, audio, and stash upgrades, and call it a day.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its been forever obviously, but I never had a problem with needing loot filters, or damage immunities(most had a secondary ability for that/merc or just moved on). There was a respect like someone said earlier, its just x amount not something permanently in game.

I don't mind some QoL changes. But I agree and have said from start, I am not sure it has staying power. D2 was basically boss runs for loot. There was no scaling content. Once you can do hell easily, its just speed runs of bosses that are snooze fests and pray to rng gods. Pvp was fun when I played, but again balance was crazy, so long as you are ok with that, it can still be fun. It's basically a loot game as its progression and that's it. Not really that different from a lot of games(even current ones).

Not sure how much work/cost goes into a graphic update with a few QoL changes to require the $40 cost. Seems a bit steep to me, but I am not in the know to guess if that is about right or too much.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Den of evil gives you 1 respec per difficulty since 1.13. Also you have things like Ubers for another kick of difficult content. I'm wondering if they will nerf super chests, but I was never real big into that anyway. There is also new tech that allows you to skip Baal waves. I imagine those things won't make it, especially with changes to the resolution.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but the challenge and rarity may make it last longer than people might think. I imagine diablo 4 will be a bit more casual friendly if that's what someone wants.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Den of evil gives you 1 respec per difficulty since 1.13. Also you have things like Ubers for another kick of difficult content. I'm wondering if they will nerf super chests, but I was never real big into that anyway. There is also new tech that allows you to skip Baal waves. I imagine those things won't make it, especially with changes to the resolution.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but the challenge and rarity may make it last longer than people might think. I imagine diablo 4 will be a bit more casual friendly if that's what someone wants.
You can also farm act bosses for essences, get all four in cube and you get a respec.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No, its what people want. People still play D2 today, because it is D2. Fuck mods, fuck PoD and PD2. D2 is all you need. If you want something other than D2, there is a plethora of options out there for you. Leave D2 the fuck alone and give it the graphical, audio, and stash upgrades, and call it a day.

Do people actually play D2? Or do they play D2 ladder resets where bots level them to 90 on automated baal runs? Then trade on d2jsp for duped/botted items because rune drop rates are fucking hilariously abysmal and no one playing fair is ever assembling a multiple HR item?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user