Diablo II - Resurrected

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't wait to see the login / game page actually be a webpage on a chromebox somewhere

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Could be interested in Diablo 2 if they do a great job. But I can't imagine they can build something that stays true to Diablo 2 without creating something inferior to Path of Exile.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they just update the graphics, and change nothing else from the current game then they can have my money.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If they just update the graphics, and change nothing else from the current game then they can have my money.

Well if the WC3 remaster is any indicator then I would really not be getting my hopes up.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
PoE has an interesting story, aftermath of the Fall of Rome except the barbarians are Polynesian and it fell to sorcery is a unique setting.

The dark simplicity of Diablo 2 was better. Diablo 3 shat all over that lore though with cartoon villains.

Bro, did you really think PoE 2 was coming out in 2020 even before the lockdown?

I agree with you about everything else.
Well it's using the same engine and UI since it's an add on for the base game, so they have a massive head start. It certainly will be out before the usual slow Blizzard products.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I do too. I don't want them to shit all over it or bait and switch like they did with WC3 though.

Also why the hell can't i get into PoE? I didnt play it much but it felt clunky. Is the story and gameplay worth it?

Stories absolute shite but the gameplay is second to none if you have a decent rig. It's brutal for new players as there's so much to learn but it's really rewarding if you persevere.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stories absolute shite but the gameplay is second to none if you have a decent rig. It's brutal for new players as there's so much to learn but it's really rewarding if you persevere.
I don't know how anyone can say that PoE has a shite story.

Get exiled, explore abandoned continent, kill people who exiled you who are also doing holocaust nazi science, kill eldritch monstrosity that's haunting the continent, go home and OOPS eldritch monstrosity was also keeping the gods asleep and now they are back and PISSED. Finish the game by hunting down the gods.

Then there's layers of backstory you can pick up about the various fallen civilisations that used to live on the continent, the Karui, the Eternal Empire, the Vaal... and the characters that led each to ruin.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Get exiled, explore abandoned continent, kill people who exiled you who are also doing holocaust nazi science, kill eldritch monstrosity that's haunting the continent, go home and OOPS eldritch monstrosity was also keeping the gods asleep and now they are back and PISSED. Finish the game by hunting down the gods.

Then there's layers of backstory you can pick up about the various fallen civilisations that used to live on the continent, the Karui, the Eternal Empire, the Vaal... and the characters that led each to ruin.

Considering they make me play it 3-4 times every league forgive me for not giving a toss about it. It could be the best story in the world and it would still be shite if you played through it as many times as most of us have over the last couple of years.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Exactly. I just have a feeling they are going to Warcraft Reforged this.

I don't think they have the original source, they'd have to redo from scratch instead of re using things.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I know a lot of D2 purist may not like this idea but I really hope the movement and feel is like D3. I revisited D2 and realized how I hated the movement and how clunky it felt after playing D3.

• 1Faggotry

Chris

Potato del Grande
A good proof of concept for Diablo 4 would be to remake Diablo 2 in the new engine first. Then you got moor, desert, jungle, steppe and hell tilesets to reuse for Diablo 4, all of which showed up in Diablo 3.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not that it directly applies here, but this "clunky" thing gets thrown at mechanics intended for some form of realism. Kind of like how DotA (at least used to have) has different values for unit turn speed.

"I cant jump and spin around and fling instants, this is clunky"

oh brother

This "remaster" is a rewrite, its an invasion of things we identify with and used to love

To replace them with this "modern" / "reimagined" crap

Ya, go ahead, say I'm crazy! fine!

Oh, and when more people go to eat at McDonalds you can say I'm wrong for my taste in food too.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you did D2 Remake the right way, you wouldn't even need D4. But, let's be realistic. They gona fuck it up.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Good story.
2-sentence concise and accurate summary devoid of any characters.

Pick 1.

Before we go any further, you're the guy that thinks MTG novels are good, right?

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good story.
2-sentence concise and accurate summary devoid of any characters.

Pick 1.

Before we go any further, you're the guy that thinks MTG novels are good, right?
Metal Gear Solid: Sneak around and save the world.

Diablo 2: Follow guy who is summoning demons to hell while killing all the demons and their minions.

Final Fantasy 7: Fight evil corporation in their cyberpunk dystopia, then follow evil shape shifting alien with the face of your mentor/parent murderer who summons a meteor to destroy the planet.

The MTG novels are dogshit and have always been dogshit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Metal Gear Solid: Sneak around and save the world.

Diablo 2: Follow guy who is summoning demons to hell while killing all the demons and their minions.

Final Fantasy 7: Fight evil corporation in their cyberpunk dystopia, then follow evil shape shifting alien with the face of your mentor/parent murderer who summons a meteor to destroy the planet.

The MTG novels are dogshit and have always been dogshit.
Alright, fair enough, I must have confused you with someone else on this forum that likes MTG novels, point retracted.

I think the best of games have meh stories at best. Most of them are shit. I don't think MGS nor FF7 nor D2 has a good story. They're serviceable to borderline non-offensive. Usually, the ones with good stories, it almost inherently and inversely obstructs the gameplay to a negative degree.

My standards might be too high. I'm waiting for Malazan: Chain of Dogs in game form.