Diablo II - Resurrected

Chris

Potato del Grande
All of those new models look terrible. The barbarian looks like someones alcoholic uncle Larry. The amazon and assassin it appears they intentionally hit them with ugly sticks.
Barb has less muscle mass, Amazon is wearing underwear, Assassin/Necromancer/Druid have much plainer armour.

It's a mess.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This is a contender for worst shit I've ever seen in a videogame.
Idk I think people are losing their mind over it for no real reason. A battle hardened amazon is more likely to look like that than a playboy bunny looking model.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Interesting choice of release date btw. I have all sorts of references to 9/23 in my conspiracy thread. I doubt it's a coincidence.

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Salty
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Idk I think people are losing their mind over it for no real reason. A battle hardened amazon is more likely to look like that than a playboy bunny looking model.
There's a middle ground between waifu and Caitlyn Jenner.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
tenor.gif

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can't remember ever really caring what the face of the avatars looked like in D2. I think there's maybe, just maybe, a little hyperbole going on here. But she does look just like the gamestop meme person, so that's cool.

The only comprehensive list of changes I can find is from Feb. Is that still accurate? I'd assume so, but idk.

• 1Pathetic

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do I get to say "I told you so" yet?

Blizzards wokeness made it so they HAD to make the models less problematic.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That Amazon would definitly be a killjooy for snu snu.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Beer gut Barbarian and the Crackhead Druid are my favorites. The assassin and sorceress look bland and the Amazon is a tranbo. The Necromancer and the Paladin look okay.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the assassin reminds me a bit of Yennifer / Talia Al'Gul, but the rest of them holy jesus. Meth druid for sure, looks like he's a hobo living off garbage.

Whether or not the amazon is 'realistic', how many games do you play as a fucking horribly ugly people in any fashion (that isn't an actual animal/non human)? After the shitshow that was the wc3 "upgrade", they should be appealing to as many fans as possible by making all the female chars exotic and appealing. Necro is the only one that should be more jarring visually.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Should've posted 'Dude Looks like a Lady'

I like the assassin reminds me a bit of Yennifer / Talia Al'Gul, but the rest of them holy jesus.

Assassin looks like trans Shang Tsung.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I like the assassin reminds me a bit of Yennifer / Talia Al'Gul, but the rest of them holy jesus. Meth druid for sure, looks like he's a hobo living off garbage.

Whether or not the amazon is 'realistic', how many games do you play as a fucking horribly ugly people in any fashion (that isn't an actual animal/non human)? After the shitshow that was the wc3 "upgrade", they should be appealing to as many fans as possible by making all the female chars exotic and appealing. Necro is the only one that should be more jarring visually.

Honestly, they should just give you several options for each of the characters which would definitely appeal to a much larger crowd. Regardless who cares. Any hype whatsoever for this game will be dead by the time 2022 hits because there is simply no end game whatsoever. Unless they adopt maps or something like several mods have done there is literally zero hope for any sort of longevity for this game and by 2023 it will have only a slightly larger player base than the current d2 has right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Honestly, they should just give you several options for each of the characters which would definitely appeal to a much larger crowd. Regardless who cares. Any hype whatsoever for this game will be dead by the time 2022 hits because there is simply no end game whatsoever. Unless they adopt maps or something like several mods have done there is literally zero hope for any sort of longevity for this game and by 2023 it will have only a slightly larger player base than the current d2 has right now.
Think this is just a filler game to buy time. They know D3 is on life support and they have to give Diablo fans something until D4.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
D4 is at minimum 2 years away too. No way Bliz spends less than 5 years developing it.

Kiki

Log Wizard
They are allowing mods so with that and the updated graphics you should have much more longevity than it seems some people are expecting. I mean people still play this game today at 800x600 and it's over 20 years old.