Diablo II - Resurrected

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having fun, in Act 3 atm.

Some tips for the rusty:

Kris + staff + belt + any diamond = savage weapon for act 2 merc - so save those things (or buy em), can really improve merc if you get one with lifesteal as well

For amazon, if you go with a bow put fire gems or ral's in the sockets - it adds directly to the damage from fire arrow and explosive arrow which can really help. Don't get immolation arrow, just those two things and one point in the right side skills of the passive tree. Use your skill respec to something else once you hit 30+, freezing arrow or lightning fury builds can be very good.

Get a stealth runeword in two socket armor, you can farm the runes relatively easily by repeatedly killing countess in normal difficulty.
Oh shit. There any build guides out in the wild yet?

• 14Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 14 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
RIP my 54 hammerdin. Hardly knew ye. At least it wasn't a server death.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Crazy how fast these guides are these days

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RIP my 54 hammerdin. Hardly knew ye. At least it wasn't a server death.

No way i could do HC. I have had too many deaths to weird lag or warping. I move and nothing is around me for ~10 yards but I still am getting hit, then suddenly the mobs are right by me on my corpse.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
No way i could do HC. I have had too many deaths to weird lag or warping. I move and nothing is around me for ~10 yards but I still am getting hit, then suddenly the mobs are right by me on my corpse.
I really only enjoy HC for Diablo. I could never in PoE or other ARPGs. But D2/D3 I pretty much exclusively do HC.

I have had some desynced damage and very minor warping, but nothing terrible. I definitely deserved my death though. Too low resists and flayer dungeon nightmare.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yep with my Blizzy bucks I got from playing WOW,, I know its hard for some of you people to read but I have stated it just a couple of posts prior. If I had to spend cash on this I would have passed.

Shit like this is why I think you are a faggot.

Faggot.

• 2Worf
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Shit like this is why I think you are a faggot.

Faggot.
ron burgundy GIF

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Gonna try it. I never played D2 oddly enough. Now to find a build and get up to speed on different playstyles.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So apparently there is a way to keep keybinds if it hasn't been mentioned. You can save a "custom" keybind then on another character if you hit DEFAULT (seriously wtf) it will prompt you to load legacy, resurrected or custom. Dumbest, shit, ever.

• 1Worf

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I got a 3080 and did notice my PC case was blowing hot air more than the usual. So I capped my frame rate to 60 FPS and been monitoring my GPU temperature and it’s a constant low 70s.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So the main thing i've learned by revisiting D2 is that I had no idea how to actually play D2 when it came out. Not even sure I ever made more than like 1 or 2 runewords. Did a trapsin which was fun to 80 so far and jfc lightning immune mobs can blow me. Started a zeal paladin and it had some growing pains but finally coming together now that I got some socketed items i needed to make use of runewords.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yeah I played D2 when it first came out, so I never had all the LOD stuff like runewords, everything was different when I picked it back up 10 years later or something. I do like having them more for sure.

Good runewords that you can get early (normal-nightmare act 1):
stealth - first thing I make always
ancients pledge
Lore
Smoke
Insight
Spirit
Rhyme

And you just farm Countess to get them. For the base items, normal cows and all of nightmare are your friend (ilvl 26-40), use Larzuk socket quest to make them from white items, use this list to verify that your item will work:

• 1Like