Diablo II - Resurrected

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aaaand LOVE it!
True. Love me some D2.

Wish I could still Blood Golem + Iron Maiden, but I'm sure that has long been fixed. Was so much fun being a god, watching all the cows kill themselves.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are going two be three large groups of people that will take different things away from a few playthroughs of D2R

1.) D1 and D2 fans that played 3 and stuck with it until RoS and will appreciate it for what it is; a nice member berries throwback.
2.) D1 and D2 fans that quit 3 after everything became BoP, tried all the other ARPGs since, and will hate how basic, boring, and ugly this game is even with a reskin.
3.) D3 fans that have never played any other ARPGs and we're too young to play D2. They are going to be fucking livid when they get to experience the beauty of builds, real rune words, and tons of varied green set items. They will wonder why they enjoy the depth of choices a 20 year old prequel to their favorite Blizzard game and then be angry at how fucking incompetent Blizzard has become. It may cause them to pass on D4.
lol, no one is enjoying real runewords without the dupe economy. Current D3 is better than unmodded d2.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They are crazy if they don't modify the rune economy in some fashion. Base drop rate of players 8 is probably a start and let it scale from there.

Y'all fucks are nuts thinking D2 "works" as written in terms of any kind of viable online economy/trade. It only ever barely functioned in ladder resets because of rampant 24/7 bots and massive duping, and if they clean that up without any droprate changes people are gonna be real, real upset when they are met with the reality of what it takes to actually farm high runes.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
This will be a divisive release no matter what they do. Even a few days after the announcement you already see wildly different expectations from people, and worst of all those expectations oppose each other. So I expect a mediocre fumble at best, a wc3 tier cratering at worst.

I won't be buying it, and I love D2.

Frankly, if the gameplay stays untouched, they just update graphics, I'm not interested. Taking the graphics quality from 2000 to 2015 is not enough of an incentive to me. If want to play D2 exactly as it was, I can play D2 right now. Or play one of the modded versions of D2.

On the other hand, if they make sweeping changes, they could've just made a new game. And I have no faith in their ability to make new games anyway, why would I want to play a D2 that they patched with their shitty new ideas. Or even worse, that they abuse as a disposable testing ground for D4 ideas.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
D2R will probably do extremely well, and Blizz will have to do nothing at all after its release other than make fixes to things that might break. With the confirmation that Mods will be supported, in some way, Blizz can just sit back and let the Modders make balance changes. I am curious if the BNet will allow D2R to run online though, offline sure.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
lol, no one is enjoying real runewords without the dupe economy. Current D3 is better than unmodded d2.

Graphics? Without a doubt.
The combat? Maybe.

Every other facet of the game? Absolutely false.

Caliane

I think theres two options that would make me consider this.

1. it includes new gear, skills, monsters, etc. like, include median xl or some shit.
2. its diablo 2... AND diablo 1. and Diablo 1 is brought up to D2 standard for skills, item, etc. (although spell book system kept)

But frankly even then. d2 is pretty archaic. I'd have a real hard time going back to the skills/gameplay after PoE, last epoch, etc.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Discord is the best thing to ever happen to D2. All the trading will be done there with a reputation system and blacklist.

SeanDoe1z1

I watched full interview with mrlamasc panel (a true d2 diehard)

and came out really hyped. Almost everything was addressed. Hope server side can handle this

SeanDoe1z1

I think ppl over estimate player ran economies too.

I made a nostalgia run+made a Druid and maybe put in 8-12 hours and have an atypical 80+ with spirit / shako good enough to speed run pits efficient as hell.

zero trade/groups and I basically have hoto too.

Sure , luck and all but lot of ppl prolly remember the worst of it.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea it goes both ways. PoD and slash have made it so easy to find runes with p8 drops that you can have all your high end runewords done within a week easily, hell last PoD reset I had my enigma within the first 12 hours. Then you just sit there with nothing to do. Thats when people switch to GSF or SSF and you can really stretch your playtime out, each upgrade feels super important. Hopefully if they do anything its more in the middle.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I have played on Reddit's emulated server on and off for years now at /r/slashdiablo. You can 4 box and use map hacks. Drop rate is at players 8. Community is very friendly, usually 300 people at season start and 100 by the end each night.

The only thing you can't do is botting.

So besides the graphics there's no reason to play this since I just leveled 12 characters to 85 about 9 months ago, but with a lot of the tedium removed (always having a Barbarian to use Battle Shout/Orders/Command is nice).

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
It's always puzzling when a company in the same market acquires another company, acknowledging in the process the other company was better at it than they (can't find the quote), but like clockwork manages to destroy the reputation of the acquired company, by assimilating the company, instead of assimilating to the company they acquired.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is proof that Blizzard is done.

They're publicly admitting that all they can do is try to milk the previous successes of the company they bought until they're completely dry.

With their last remaster going over like a lead balloon, they're going to continue to rape their IPs until they're worth less than the Warhammer IP they originally ripped off.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's always puzzling when a company in the same market acquires another company, acknowledging in the process the other company was better at it than they (can't find the quote), but like clockwork manages to destroy the reputation of the acquired company, by assimilating the company, instead of assimilating to the company they acquired.
Humans have egos. The “we bought you” mentality.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is what diablo fans been asking for many years. A D2 game with quality of life improvements and updated graphics. The devs already stated they plan to stay true the original game even by keeping non game breaking glitches and bugs. This game attract all the Diablo fans and even get some people who are bored and nothing else to play. Plus no other ARPG had better PvP experience since Diablo 2 and that’s a huge for PvPers. Then you have modern B-net and I know it’s not going to 100% get rid of botters, hacks and exploits but at least it won’t be rampant as they were in the original D2. Hopefully... But I’ll be definitely buying it. From what I read and watched so far the game looks very promising plus I’m not trying to dwell on the whole Warcraft reforged fiasco.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have played on Reddit's emulated server on and off for years now at /r/slashdiablo. You can 4 box and use map hacks. Drop rate is at players 8. Community is very friendly, usually 300 people at season start and 100 by the end each night.

So besides the graphics there's no reason to play this since I just leveled 12 characters to 85 about 9 months ago, but with a lot of the tedium removed (always having a Barbarian to use Battle Shout/Orders/Command is nice).
you'll play this alongside Nirgon Nirgon and I.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Larger player base is always a nice plus. Along with playing with your FOH bros!

• 1Like