Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They better handle it better than Warcraft 3.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Time to reimagine the runeword system baby

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Like 18 months ago, when the entire Diablo community was clamoring for any hint of a new release and instead got the whole Diablo: Immortal clusterfuck, that was the time to do it. Too little, too late.

Of course my will is weak and I will want to get it anyway, but by then I can hopefully at least restrain myself until release to wait for reviews.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Like 18 months ago, when the entire Diablo community was clamoring for any hint of a new release and instead got the whole Diablo: Immortal clusterfuck, that was the time to do it. Too little, too late.

Of course my will is weak and I will want to get it anyway, but by then I can hopefully at least restrain myself until release to wait for reviews.
Exactly. I just have a feeling they are going to Warcraft Reforged this.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I will for sure be waiting for reviews. Fuck pre ordering.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I was a numba one fanboi for a D2 remastered for......ever.

And right now? I could give a fuck.

And, yeah, I will still buy the fucking thing, unless it is completely panned on reviews. And I mean PANNED because a little negativity still won't be enough for what is probably my favorite game of all time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that we know a D4 is coming out (someday), I am down for a D2 Remaster. Vicarious Visions is a good studio, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they took this on as a labor of love. They did an amazing job on the Destiny port.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll pick it up after some solid trustworthy YT reviews and of course this thread.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Panic move and probably will get rushed so they have something that isn't 4 years away from release on their schedule.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If this is true prepare for censorship.

Rogue Monestary with torn apart women in the basement? Andariel's mutiple jiggling bare breasts? Pools of corpses in Durance of Hate?

Final Fantasy Remake couldn't even do a trail of blood, big corporations won't take the risk.

Path of Exile DOES have those things though and PoE 2 is going to be out before Blizzard releases their Disney versions of gore.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Weird Boner

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If this is true prepare for censorship.

Rogue Monestary with torn apart women in the basement? Andariel's mutiple jiggling bare breasts? Pools of corpses in Durance of Hate?

Final Fantasy Remake couldn't even do a trail of blood, big corporations won't take the risk.

Path of Exile DOES have those things though and PoE 2 is going to be out before Blizzard releases their Disney versions of gore.

Bro, did you really think PoE 2 was coming out in 2020 even before the lockdown?

I agree with you about everything else.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, I have a hard time giving any shit about D2 now PoE exists.

The caveat. PoE has gotten bloated. A D2 remaster that takes all the innovations of PoE, but targets the gameplay of early poE, and maybe even a bit of the smoothness of other Arpgs, would be something I would be willing to consider.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PoE2 will be out long before D4 in 2025 or this remastered shit in 2022.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
yeah, I have a hard time giving any shit about D2 now PoE exists.

The caveat. PoE has gotten bloated. A D2 remaster that takes all the innovations of PoE, but targets the gameplay of early poE, and maybe even a bit of the smoothness of other Arpgs, would be something I would be willing to consider.
That sounds quite a bit beyond a remaster. I wouldn't expect a remaster to change any of the base gameplay.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Want. Now. Playing d3 on ps4 atm to ease the withdrawels. D2 and map hack, memories.

• 3Picard

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

Want. Now. Playing d3 on ps4 atm to ease the withdrawels. D2 and map hack, memories.
I do too. I don't want them to shit all over it or bait and switch like they did with WC3 though.

Also why the hell can't i get into PoE? I didnt play it much but it felt clunky. Is the story and gameplay worth it?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That sounds quite a bit beyond a remaster. I wouldn't expect a remaster to change any of the base gameplay.
yeah, I suppose I'm talking a remake. A simple remaster, I could not give a shit about. D2 is too old these days. even the base game would not really hold up to PoE.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I do too. I don't want them to shit all over it or bait and switch like they did with WC3 though.

Also why the hell can't i get into PoE? I didnt play it much but it felt clunky. Is the story and gameplay worth it?
Gameplay, yes. When did you play last? They've made some improvements to animation interrupting somewhat recently.

Story, no. What ARPG had a story worth a shit?

• 1Like