Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Do people actually play D2?

Well, yes of course. But do enough people play vanilla D2 that this project has legs? No. However, letting another studio do a visual touch-up to get it to 2015 quality and then selling a lot of copies based on nostalgia and hopium is exactly what Nu-Blizzard is all about.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
WC3 remaster might have been a failure, WoW Classic is what people wanted, so that's 1:1 failure/success ratio, we can still have hope for this.
They could even release D2 with D3 graphics and I'll be happy.
and fuck running/walking

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I really hope they start adding new content to D2:R in the future. They may be waiting to see how much of an impact the game has first and see if it’s worth it. Diablo 4 won’t probably be out until 2023 or 2024, Diablo Immortal is still in development and D3 is on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled on it. The revamped follower system is nice but it’s 9 years too late. That should of been implemented when the game was released. At this point there’s only so much they can do with the game.

They can dedicate a team of devs just to D2:R by adding new content and items and reworking skills. This will keep a large percentage of the Diablo community happy until the other titles are completed and released.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
WC3 remaster might have been a failure, WoW Classic is what people wanted, so that's 1:1 failure/success ratio, we can still have hope for this.
They could even release D2 with D3 graphics and I'll be happy.
and fuck running/walking
SC remaster is just fine.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Warhammer: Chaosbane was on Humble Choice recently. Looks like an ARPG, anyone played it and have any thoughts?
Late response! I haven't been around much......

Generic ARPG is generic. It has a certain playability once through, but aside from that it is insufferably generic. I got my (sales price) money out of it, but it is nothing special and was overpriced by nearly an order of magnitude simply because it has the Warhammer name.

Torchlight III is exactly the same. Worth the sales price for one run through, 20-40 hours play and uninstall.

I continue to reinstall D3 about once every 2 years, play through one season and uninstall in boredom. I don't think D4 is ever coming out, and I have dear hopes that D2 Remastered is everything I have been hoping for. No scratch that, is even a fraction of what I have been hoping for, because D2 is still my favorite game of all time.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Late response! I haven't been around much......

Generic ARPG is generic. It has a certain playability once through, but aside from that it is insufferably generic. I got my (sales price) money out of it, but it is nothing special and was overpriced by nearly an order of magnitude simply because it has the Warhammer name.

Torchlight III is exactly the same. Worth the sales price for one run through, 20-40 hours play and uninstall.

I continue to reinstall D3 about once every 2 years, play through one season and uninstall in boredom. I don't think D4 is ever coming out, and I have dear hopes that D2 Remastered is everything I have been hoping for. No scratch that, is even a fraction of what I have been hoping for, because D2 is still my favorite game of all time.
Yeah, I played it a little (since it was on humble, and I'll just give it away if not) and that pretty much sums up how I felt about it. Pretty generic ARPG, enjoyable for what it is but nothing special

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I'm really looking forward to shared stash and multiple stash tabs. I also can't wait to see the whole every unique and set item having it's on graphic finally. I think that would look so cool. I also hope they do stuff like add a buff bar. Is it needed, not really. But I do like seeing my buffs.

• 1Like

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
So been playing D2 lately. One boost for early characters is to get your merc a decent weapon. Use cube, put in any diamond and a kris, any belt, any staff and you can get a decent polearm.

So many cube recipes. I wish the cube in D3 was even half as varied in useful things.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Crafting is just abysmal in D3. The only time I really used my cube is to reroll leggos.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So been playing D2 lately. One boost for early characters is to get your merc a decent weapon. Use cube, put in any diamond and a kris, any belt, any staff and you can get a decent polearm.

So many cube recipes. I wish the cube in D3 was even half as varied in useful things.

I love how you don't even have to say what the best merc is; just say polearm and forget that any other mercs exist in this game.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love how you don't even have to say what the best merc is; just say *aura* and forget that any other mercs exist in this game.
FTFY :p

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So diving back in to Path of Diablo a bit got me thinking on this remaster, and boy do I suspect people are gonna be disappointed with it. If they stick to their claim that this is purely a graphical update and there's not gonna be any balance/QoL changes I'm not sure the game will actually even be worth playing. Just think about it:

No loot filters, damage immunity everywhere in hell making only a handful of builds viable at all, droprates that were so fucking bad it took legions of bots farming 24/7 to prop up the economy, no respecs, weird shit like merc attribute scaling fucking you if you didn't know it existed, etc etc.

People are riding high on the nostalgia train and hopium, but base D2 is not a good game by any kind of modern standard. Mods like PoD or PD2 have done a lot to modernize the game and make it actually playable, but I'm not convinced a base D2 without any of that is what anyone actually wants, despite what they think they want?

On POD the necro mobs don't cast iron maiden. Have fun CS farming on your WW barb or phys melee in remaster. You WILL one shot yourself on that and the monsters can rapidly toggle thru curses on you.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Duriel in D2:R looks amazing. Can’t wait until tomorrow.

Attachments

• BF41A7D9-5EB0-4928-9DD2-85B011443569.jpeg
    BF41A7D9-5EB0-4928-9DD2-85B011443569.jpeg
    818.3 KB · Views: 118

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The fucking bitches at Blizzard better send me a key!!

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The streams of it look fun... except for the inventory management. Holy shit its half the game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That basically describes base D2 in general: looks like a lot of fun, until you actually try and interact with it.

• 1Salty

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That basically describes base D2 in general: looks like a lot of fun, until you actually try and interact with it.
This is practically every game from '95-'05 that people jerk off about due to nostalgia. Shit was cool when it was the only game in a given genre and you were 14. When you're 40 and there are thousands of options? No fucking thanks.

• 1Dislike