Diablo II - Resurrected

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
aaaand..................... they already fucked up big time. The new you-got-hit sounds the sorcy makes are unbearable. She sounds like a 10 years old girl screaming. Fucking hell, wathching a stream and 5min later I'm annoyed as fuck. My 2nd fav char and if they keep that they can fuck right off, not gonna touch remaster.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is practically every game from '95-'05 that people jerk off about due to nostalgia. Shit was cool when it was the only game in a given genre and you were 14. When you're 40 and there are thousands of options? No fucking thanks.

I guess if they wanna play a hammer paladin and go run 1500 countesses and try and relive their angsty teenage years then who am I to stop them.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The game looks amazing. Every stream I watched pretty much has the same consensus. Looks good and plays well. It’s true to the Diablo series. Only bugs I saw is when you zone into Duriels lair it takes a while for it to load. When your finished loading your at 50% health or lower cause he slapping the hell out of you while your loading. That could be a system issue cause MrLlama was the first one to experience it and he doesn’t have the best system. He admitted he’s cheap as fuck. Or it can be a lack of optimization issue. Other streamers did say it does take a while for certain zones to load. Only one streamer with a 3080 had no issues at all with loading or fps issues. There’s also a game crashing bug when you zone into one of the Tal Rasha tombs with lighting beetles inside of it causes the game to crash. There’s also a portal bug that causes the game to crash. The Andriel glitch is still in the game too. I saw a few streamers test it.

Initial impression seems very positive. I’m really glad Blizzard let another studio work on this project. I’m just hoping the game will be modded to further enhance it. I preordered the game during Blizzcon despite getting burnt in the past with Wolcen. Hell it’s Diablo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loading issues with Duriel’s lair is just the authentic experience.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I definitely remember screen freeze into death screen being relatively common there.

• 1Solidarity

Argarth

On the verandah
I was feeling a little "meh" about it, but this quick preview got me interested again. I might consider playing with a controller from my couch, and that would really be a first for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So Mrllama did a few upgrades to his gaming PC and the game is running so much better. He installed the game on his SSD drive and now using a 1080Ti from a 970 that he borrowed from a friend.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Graphics look great, but its going to be really hard to go from Project Diablo II with all the QOL, balance changes, and new content compared to this.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still nothing here. They even brought up a pop-up today that the Technical Alpha was live. It was like they are rubbing it in my face! Fuck You Blizzard!

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So Mrllama did a few upgrades to his gaming PC and the game is running so much better. He installed the game on his SSD drive and now using a 1080Ti from a 970 that he borrowed from a friend.
Did you write this post 5 years ago?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its fun to play for a bit with the new graphics. But regular LoD with no changes is boring as hell for me. I'll prolly wait for some good mods to drop before I get excited.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What the hell are you talking about? No he literally upgraded to a 1080Ti that he borrowed from a friend last night. The guy is very frugal.
Just seems like a weird data point. Nobody running a game on a platter should be used as valid data point unless it still runs flawlessly.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It looks fun and will probably play at least through a couple classes. I don't really get into the boss runs, which is basically all the pve content there is. I pretty much did pvp until I quit playing back in the day. I am probably even less inclined to do boss runs as I am older. I still wish this wasn't full price. Seems like something that should be 20-30 bucks. Thankfully cashing out of shadowlands got me 150ish bnet bucks.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched Llama some more, not looking (or should I say sounding) good. They are fucking with audio way too much. New grunts/squeals/... are completely wrong (voice tone/pitch) and way too fucking annoying. Yeah, they obviously don't have the same voice actors, but that stuff ain't 256 colors low res gfx so I'd rather see them GTFO instead of trying to add anything and ruining #1 game of all times.