Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
seriously 50 bucks. They ruin it being concerned with shit like this

1618012480108.png
1618012490010.png

vs making it a good game.

• 2Moron
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ANYWAY. do you think they'll be doing any other qol stuff? Like the stash and shared tabs and what not.
They’ve added an “advanced stats” page so you can see things like you ias% fhr% frw and other stuff like that in game.

I would personally love a charm inventory, but I imagine that would be too controversial and won’t make it in.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The purists would reee in to the stratosphere if they did anything like charm inventory or a skill balance pass etc.

Unfortunately they are fucked either way because if they do nothing balance/QoL wise people will realize really fucking fast how badly D2 has aged, and just how ridiculous the balance was.

Of course they will already have their 40$ from the throngs of rabid nostalgia-baiting fans, so what does Blizzard care.

My only real hope is they don't cuck the modding scene, so maybe after 6 months or whatever we can see something actually good like PoD or PD2 brought in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Playing D2 remastered will be cool for a week or two until people realize playing shitty PoD or PD2 is a much, much better option because of QoL and end game viablity rather than just doing Meph runs and until you realize that's not fun.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Playing D2 remastered will be cool for a week or two until people realize playing shitty PoD or PD2 is a much, much better option because of QoL and end game viablity rather than just doing Meph runs and until you realize that's not fun.
neat GIF

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They’ve added an “advanced stats” page so you can see things like you ias% fhr% frw and other stuff like that in game.

I would personally love a charm inventory, but I imagine that would be too controversial and won’t make it in.

If I were in charge I would do everything in my power to piss off the purists because it's pieces of shit like them that ruin games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I really hope they add in options for new vs old. I've wanted a charm inventory since day 1 of the expansion lol

Kiki

Log Wizard
A key point is that they are allowing mods so you can cater to the purists, the QoL crowd, and the sweeping changes crowd just by remastering an existing game, it's obviously the same code as the same bugs exist. WoW classic isn't balanced either and look at the success they've had there. And Congrats! you've already surpassed Diablo 3 by allowing mods. Also you can look at the rise of things like the Holy Grail challenges in the last few years, things like Plugy, and speedrunning to judge how popular even the base game will be. Welcome to the money train.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So Mrllama did a few upgrades to his gaming PC and the game is running so much better. He installed the game on his SSD drive and now using a 1080Ti from a 970 that he borrowed from a friend.
Wtf you can be a legitimate streamer on a 970?

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yall need to go relook at their fucking page.

Every single character except the necro/barb looks retarded af.

the sorceress is now some mediocre fat indian bitch. The Assassin looks like a world war 2 poster. The amazon is a hideous non binary uncle tanya. And they like i said before the paladin now looks like petey green.

Heres the old art from the game.

1618040412327.png

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wtf you can be a legitimate streamer on a 970?
He mainly streams two games and that's it. Diablo 2 (PD2 variant too) and some chess game you can run on an etch a sketch on. Every once and a while he plays some other game too. He's been playing D2 for well over 16 years or so. That's all he plays therefore his gaming system requirements is nothing. He doesn't like to spend money. He even hit over 4k subscribers and that's 10K. Damn good for streaming an old ass game and once D2:R goes live his subs numbers may get higher.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm hearing controller support is super smooth, although inventory management is a pain.

Before you flame me, fuck you, Diablo 3 with a controller chilling on the couch is fucking great.
Haha what a pleb, you have to play at your dedicated gaming desk with mouse and keyboard.

Your groups will just be carrying you, there's no way you can control your character as well with an ergonomically designed controller vs a giant Microsoft Office recangle.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Based on their previous remasters I am confident this will suck dick.

Perfect for their new target audience basically.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yall need to go relook at their fucking page.

Every single character except the necro/barb looks retarded af.

the sorceress is now some mediocre fat indian bitch. The Assassin looks like a world war 2 poster. The amazon is a hideous non binary uncle tanya. And they like i said before the paladin now looks like petey green.

Heres the old art from the game.

View attachment 347330
God damn you’re right. The Amazon...

It’S MA’AMAZON!!!

1B613FE2-5969-4C7F-8E03-5E40F4E9AC56.jpeg

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All the new models definitely don't hold up to close inspection

They look pretty good in-game though