Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

EQ1 technically did make the characters less aesthetically pleasing with their update back during Luclin lol

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Trannyzon or Tranmazon? What are we goin' with?

Edit: Also MA'AMazon

Also, I'm not complaining about the look of the characters in this game. I never played the original so I don't care. I'm just thrilled that it's getting a remaster and will seize the opportunity to finally play the game.
Definitely MA'AMazon

1618284852946.png

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
EQ1 technically did make the characters less aesthetically pleasing with their update back during Luclin lol

For the most part, definitely prefer the old Wood Elf and Dark Elf chicks. Maybe even the High Elf.

The Luclin models have one thing going for them though, the female human is pretty hot. Especially as a monk.

"It's MA'AMazon! Get it right! IT IS MA'AMAZON!"

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Since I got picarded:

1618286654265.png

Not the best picture but you get the idea. Redheaded human monks in leather armor are particularly aesthetically solid.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
What character? Scarlett?

Personally I'd rather they just make male characters more aesthetically pleasing and leave female characters alone. That way everyone is aesthetically pleasing and everyone is happy. I'm against a lot of the de-sexiness that goes on in games now and I'm happy when it doesn't happen (for example, Tifa is still sexy). However the one point I've always given the Anita types is that there's a double standard where the men are all unattractive as fuck. So I say just make everything equal so everyone has something to look at. It's a hell of a lot better than our current path, where we're "de-objectifying" everything and nobody is remotely attractive in a lot of these games.
Jessie.

Scarlett was fappable in theory already but her personality was too toxic for me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought most Luclin models looked fine standing still. As soon as they moved they were all trash, their animation was awful.

• 2Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I thought most Luclin models looked fine standing still. As soon as they moved they were all trash, their animation was awful.

The biggest problem with the Luclin models, is they completely changed the design of virtually every race/armor set. People that had been playing X, installed Luclin and found Y. It's been mentioned here before, but they should have just worked on enhancing the design with higher polygon's and maybe slightly better armor model design.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The biggest problem with the Luclin models, is they completely changed the design of virtually every race/armor set. People that had been playing X, installed Luclin and found Y. It's been mentioned here before, but they should have just worked on enhancing the design with higher polygon's and maybe slightly better armor model design.

Agreed, the Velious armor sets were SWEET. I played a DE rogue back then and the fire painted on the chain armor looked outstanding. Velious was probably the game's apex in armor art designs.

Then Luclin models went in and while they do add bulk to their armor sets, the visuals took a steep nosedive. It was such a change that it helped me quit for years.

• 2Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I mentioned this in another thread, but character artists work from concept art. If you look at the concept art, even the very early stuff, it is very luclin modely.

They should have just used the old models as concepts, but they didn't really anticipate the backlash.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
First thing I do whenever i dick around in EQ is turn off those shitty ass models.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Their site has an beta opt in option, that just says youre put into the old alpha opt in
ty blizzard

Fucker

Log Wizard
What character? Scarlett?

Personally I'd rather they just make male characters more aesthetically pleasing and leave female characters alone. That way everyone is aesthetically pleasing and everyone is happy. I'm against a lot of the de-sexiness that goes on in games now and I'm happy when it doesn't happen (for example, Tifa is still sexy). However the one point I've always given the Anita types is that there's a double standard where the men are all unattractive as fuck. So I say just make everything equal so everyone has something to look at. It's a hell of a lot better than our current path, where we're "de-objectifying" everything and nobody is remotely attractive in a lot of these games.
Imagine being such a giant hambeast that you get your feelings hurt over good looking computer models. Fugs ruin everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Edit: NVM, I was dumb and trying to use the crack on the launcher instead of Game.exe. Works like a charm!

Instructions are not obvious to people unfamiliar with GitHub and compilers.

1) Install Battle.net application.
2) Download https://github.com/barncastle/Battle.Net-Installer/releases/download/v1.3/BNetInstaller.exe
3) Run above from console with "BNetInstaller.exe --prod osib --lang enus --dir "<your install directory>". This will trigger the D2R download and will take a few minutes.
4) Install Download .NET Core 3.1 (Linux, macOS, and Windows)
5) Clone the crack repository by going to ferib/D2R-Offline and selecting Code > Download .zip in the upper right.
6) Unpack, and open that directory in the command prompt
7) From that directory, run "dotnet run --project .\D2ROffline.csproj"
8) Again from command prompt, navigate to .\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1
9) Run "D2ROffline.exe <your install directory>\Game.exe"

Enjoy!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I haven't personally tried it yet, waiting on a repack version and i'll give it a go. I guess there's suppose to be offline mode on release anyway.