Diablo II - Resurrected

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I did teeth/bone last season and its ability to spam chaos runs was unrivaled

I'm actually gonna have to bail on vengeance and respec to fist of heavens I think - the combination of having trash resists + no freeze immune + dealing with melee desync and accuracy is just not worth continuing. I even got pretty lucky and dropped a lightsaber and it's *still* omega aids to play, you can't even rely on leech to keep you alive since you deal almost no phys damage lol

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I started paladin just to fill for my reset team, then went into charge and farmed chaos til 90. Paladins just feel... bad. Compared to every other class in the game they just feel so bad.

Switched to WW Sin as soon as I could

Khane

Yes Oath in an Eth Balrog blade. Damage isn't the problem, melee splash is. They just don't have the clear other classes do.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The splash is even super generous compared to path of diablo and other mods

Nothing is gonna ever feel good though trying to actually hit a mob in close range like that because of the shitty desync that happens in the old ass engine, especially if you're moving around fast in between trying to do it.

God help you if you shield charge anywhere.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
First HC pally Rathma kill was a charger

The guy is a D2 savant tho

Saw some rips last few nights, big 97+ ones

Wish I coulda been there with my CC and powerful oak

Khane

I tested a few different versions of Charger in closed beta and it was smooth. They definitely fixed most of the desync issues, if you don't hold it down for multiple screens but instead just tap it to move a screen at a time you mostly don't desync at all now. It also does a shitload of damage, especially the 2h Holy Sword version.

However, it still doesn't stack up to the better/best builds in PD2. Things like Phoenix Strike, WW Sin, Fire Druid, Sorcs are great again now after the tele + NHAM/NHD changes, Warcry Barb, Fire/Cold Arrow Zons, etc. Nothing in the paladin's kit comes close to those builds.

Chargers can be decent in Fortified maps, but it's just pitiful how small their clear is (charge only gets bonus radius based on charge distance and in practice, in maps, you aren't charging very far to the next monster)

Last edited: