Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
From the article said:
When Blizzard announced the game last year, many assumed it meant the game's release wasn't very far away.

What absolute fucking mouthbreather actually thought this...?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Rhykker on suicide watch? Last time he made a video where he nearly cried about having just bought a house and Blizzard was letting him down. I stopped watching his shit ever since, too rah rah rah with zero reality to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

D4 being far off isn't a surprise. It's clear they had to scramble to work on D4 after that Blizzcon fiasco with Great Value Diablo on mobile and because they were forced to show their hand early, they weren't that far along in development.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
earliest late 2023, most likely in 2024.
Nothing will happen this year major game features reveal wise, because there's no blizzcon so they don't have to present anything. 2021 "finished" gameplay and major features, maybe beta. 2022 beta and let the hype train begin. 2022 release date revealed at blizzcon. Either an actual date for 2023 or just "coming soon" or "coming in 2023". Last two will give an easy option to push the release back to 2024.
The longer they can push it back the better for them when it comes to competing with PoE 2. Because lets face it, the more time goes on the more shit PoE becomes. It has been a bloated pile of garbage for last couple of years already. And they are starting to lose players because of it. They can't push back PoE 2 to 2023-2024. It's just not feasible. The whole PoE 2 reveal was directly targeting Diablo 4 announcement but we got Diablo mobile instead. GGG played their hand and kinda got burned and forced into a release window which they thought was gonna be lining up with D4. PoE 2 is gonna be released at least a year earlier than D4

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll guess 2023 release date, and am sort of hoping it is DOA. These greedy fecks need to get hit, and hit hard for the direction they've taken the company these past few years. Their unveil was the biggest joke I've ever seen in gaming. They literally were begging streamers and attendees for advice on how to make the game.

If only they had some sort of data to know what people liked (Diablo 2) and what people were not too happy with (Riftablo 3).

Chris

Potato del Grande
earliest late 2023, most likely in 2024.
Nothing will happen this year major game features reveal wise, because there's no blizzcon so they don't have to present anything. 2021 "finished" gameplay and major features, maybe beta. 2022 beta and let the hype train begin. 2022 release date revealed at blizzcon. Either an actual date for 2023 or just "coming soon" or "coming in 2023". Last two will give an easy option to push the release back to 2024.
The longer they can push it back the better for them when it comes to competing with PoE 2. Because lets face it, the more time goes on the more shit PoE becomes. It has been a bloated pile of garbage for last couple of years already. And they are starting to lose players because of it. They can't push back PoE 2 to 2023-2024. It's just not feasible. The whole PoE 2 reveal was directly targeting Diablo 4 announcement but we got Diablo mobile instead. GGG played their hand and kinda got burned and forced into a release window which they thought was gonna be lining up with D4. PoE 2 is gonna be released at least a year earlier than D4
Why does PoE2 need to release at the same time as D4? They may have timed the announcement to compete, but the earlier the release the better.

PoE is creaking under the weight of 7 year old game systems, but I expect the sequel will clean some of that up and GGG release new content which is more than Blizzard does.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Right now they need to show a hell of a lot more to pull the audience from PoE. I’d rather spend my off time in Grim Dawn than play any diablo.

• 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
PoE is creaking under the weight of 7 year old game systems, but I expect the sequel will clean some of that up and GGG release new content which is more than Blizzard does.
This entire genre is creaking under the weight of 25-year old game systems. All paths in an ARPG inevitably lead to the same destination, flying there on autopilot while everything on the screen is autogibbed and the fraction of loot that isn't garbage is autocollected.

Wake me when we land.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's going to take so long for this to release that we'll get it for free as a bonus for buying a year sub to the Mists of Pandaria Classic Server.

Rude

Potato del Grande
I agree, but we'll all buy it. We always do
giphy.gif

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The longer they can push it back the better for them when it comes to competing with PoE 2.

They "lost" competing with PoE2 two years ago when all they had to reveal was a mobile game. The golden window to relase D4 and have some traction vs PoE2 is in 2022. Will D4 come out in 2022? No way.

Release it much later, like your estimated 2023/24, and they'll compete with a PoE2.5 that I'd bet is already in the concept phase. Just like GGG aligned PoE2 to stand up to D4 two years ago, they'll plan ahead again.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Look guys, a literal skill tree.

1601403182770.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 7 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Look guys, a literal skill tree.

View attachment 306472

That isn't even a midget bonzai skill tree compared to PoE.

I'm sure they'll create a very accessible game which appeals to a wide audience.

Simply put: a piece of shit

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That isn't even a midget bonzai skill tree compared to PoE.

I'm sure they'll create a very accessible game which appeals to a wide audience.

Simply put: a piece of shit
I heard that they're going to remove all phallic weapons and spell animations from the game as a commitment to inclusivity and eliminating gender biases.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PoE skill "tree" is kinda lame, 99% of the players don't even try to get shit done in it and just copy/paste what some autist made. This particular tree could probably use more depth, and maybe it has it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users