Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Madikus

Knows nothing.
There is definitely a market for a more casual and smooth as butter ARPG that is built around the item and build hunt. One without the excessive bloat and intimidating complexity of POE (as much as I personally love game complexity).

Blizzard 2021 sure as shit wont be the ones to make it a reality though.
With any luck D4 will ship with Blizzard 2031.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
With any luck D4 will ship with Blizzard 2031.
Diablo 6 huh? So these are the type of people Blizz has working on the game?

Attachments

• 867C2FDC-88B4-4E78-AD37-7CD4E55EF62F.jpeg
    867C2FDC-88B4-4E78-AD37-7CD4E55EF62F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
good for them, hiring someone with the promise of a future 37 years from now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So the Last Epoch guys are trying to force poe to fuck d2 while d3 jerks in a corner but so far the biggest problem they have is engineering and money. Also, the atmosphere is frankly not that scary. At all.

You think POE and Diablo is scary?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Diablo 6 huh? So these are the type of people Blizz has working on the game?

I don't get it. What does Diablo have to do with women? It's a male-centric story and franchise traditionally.

There is nothing feminine about it. What perspectives on story, graphics, and gameplay could a woman offer the Diablo franchise?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dark, gothic, demonic, leave Scary to shit like Alien isolation / F.E.A.R etc

F.E.A.R. had me scared shitless back in the day. Didn't even finish any of the games. Playing in a dark basement at the time didn't help.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get it. What does Diablo have to do with women? It's a male-centric story and franchise traditionally.

There is nothing feminine about it. What perspectives on story, graphics, and gameplay could a woman offer the Diablo franchise?
That “ash sweetring” is probably a dude.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My biggest issue with PoE is that you need to plan out your build from the start since you can't really respec. In that way, I find the experience more dynamic in D3 as you can adjust your build as you find cool items.

That said, D3 does lack some depth, while PoE is probably too complex now as it expanded over the years.

The 2 games have different audience though as mentioned. D3 is more casual and PoE more hardcore, that's good that both playerbase have a game for them.

I don't have much faith left in Blizzard though, I think most of the talent left years ago. Maybe they'll surprise me, but Diablo IV isn't something I have huge interest in, maybe closer to release in 10 years.

Blizzard also needs to up their development rate, and especially making content updates. Their glacial pace isn't working today with so much competition in all genres.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Planning out your build is the best part of PoE. Arguably, PoB is a better game than PoE.

Someone translate that into Nirgonese.

Chris

Potato del Grande
PoE has two things I hate:

1) 200 currencies. They need a small number of currencies and crafters to use them with, like have one currency that takes no inventory space for sockets/links/colours and you take it to a blacksmith to buy rerolls instead of doing it yourself from inventory. Maybe even have the same currency do other things.

2) Boring gems. Linking the aoe or multistrike gem to a single target single hit melee is fun. Linking it to the increased fire damage, added fire damage, imcressed elemental damage, increase melee damage gems is fuckinh stupid. Abilities have too many features baked in which makes the need for gems less important.

What they do have is good world building and good systems if you ignore the bloat. Diablo only has good combat feel.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Dark, gothic, demonic, leave Scary to shit like Alien isolation / F.E.A.R etc
That’s what I meant. I guess we’re being autists. Everyone knows what was meant by “scary”…I just meant a dark, evil atmosphere. Spooky. Scary. Dark whatever

not d3. Not last epoch.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Probably looking forward to this than most, but I hope they do better w/ the lighting. The shadows come and go in that first clip as he's running through narrow areas, but it's clear it's some artificial global thing they have going on or the shadows cast would be very different in spots like this... not a deal breaker or anything as it won't always be very obvious if you're not looking for it, but this bugs me a little. Just before the bridge the shadow does move apparently with lighting, but I wonder if that's actually a transition to a new area which has a different global point of light and it just fades in/out as you walk near some other sources.

1649877030399.png

1649876973635.png