Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Look mediocre. I don't know why people want these grey/brown graphics. Maybe bright colors hurt their old boomer eyes.

Unfortunately until we see skill trees/itemization/end game we can't say anything about any of it. And we won't know that shit for another year at least.

I don't mind some bright colors but last time I grouped in poe I felt like I'd taken an acid trip. I appreciate some muted stuff from time to time and given the context of the game it's probably a good thing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
POE kept losing me when they went the speed meta bullshit they continue season after season. Mobs dont even fight back anymore, lul. Entire screen clearing skills. Lets hope 4.0 changes some shit up.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Blizzard is a fucking stupid company, but goddamn can they make a CGI cutscene.

They should just stop making terrible games and make amazing CGI movies.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Blizzard is a fucking stupid company, but goddamn can they make a CGI cutscene.

They should just stop making terrible games and make amazing CGI movies.
Yeah that got that shit down, shit got me hype. Then I saw the gameplay, and back down to wait and see what the do with it. As is looking like a reskinned D2 which isn't a bad thing just down for some innovation at this point.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Ugh, I want to be excited. I feel jaded, as many others.. game play looks fun slowed down, and feeling more powerful.. but is that what we will see 2 years from now?

They definitely sound like they're doing their homework this time.. Saying all the right things thus far, but can they follow through?

I think the most exciting bit for me was seeing Duriel again. Watching him straight crush the barb and drag it into his mouth was so exciting, it even had the audio queue to make it epic but seems like it flew over peoples heads? I think just leading up to him felt so epic and I remember feeling uneasy entering his chamber as a kid. Act 2 is just such good fucking memories, entering it for the first time and being blown away, the amount of times playing hide n seek in Lut Gholein, and good lord I will always love Arcane Sanctuary. I desperately would love to see where they could push that today, pull some M.C. Escher's Relativity.

I think the only thing that will get me completely hyped is if they drop a D2 remastered, announce a proper Necromancer with unique golem/summon tree, or introduce a gun-class(which I think might be out of gothic esq theme), bring back assassin or something far east like ninja/samurai/warrior thing. Getting some Yokai in the mix would be fun, or just Buddhist philo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Looks cool but this won't be out til 2021. Maybe the very end of next year but the lack of any real content to show was pretty telling.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Quin is playing D4 right now. He's retarded, but actually is looking to test stuff actively. Only one I've seen test the spacebar dash cooldown so far. Also zoomed out all the way on the map. It's pretty fucking huge.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Of course it's a female "Diablo". I should have seen this coming.

SeparateDenseBeardedcollie-max-1mb.gif

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 8 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah. Lilith definitely needs to have a big throbbing cock.

• 4Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Second hand source told me that they really took a swing at a Lost Ark feel but isn't sure if they were able to execute or not. Hoping to find out more later but most stuff they were showing off and some of discussion around the room felt very Lost Ark and not so much Diablo. To my understanding, anything Diablo oriented was met with "We are remastering Diablo 2" so that makes me think they're trying to go in a completely new direction with the game and go further away from what Diablo 1 and 2 were. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet but I do love me some Lost Ark.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well based off of what I saw from the combat in IV its nothing like Lost Ark, and its the single feature that makes that game what it is. Crisp, fast, tactical, position based combat. If they just add in mmo features to IV like Lost Ark has, well, they copied the wrong thing IMO.

xzi

Mouthbreather
This dev on Quinns stream right now basically just said they're making Maps from PoE. They 100% described Maps. Not too disappointed withat over grifts I guess, but they're sorta the same.

He also asked if they have insane multipliers for skills, like 10,000% more dmg on a fireball and he said they're trying to avoid that. Legendaries will add buffs to skill but they won't be bananas.

They said they don't want sets to necessarily be like.. THE itemization game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean, isnt that what Blizz is known for? Copying ideas and shining and polishing them up and making them mass friendly? Its like you guys expect blizzard to invent new shit in games, lul.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Their current philosophy on trading at the moment are these like.. 3 tiers (my words, not his):

1) Freely-traded items, such as crafting mats, etc.
2) Items that can be traded once and then become soulbound
3) Items that can't be traded

No Auction House

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
No auction house but will allow trading in tiers. Certain items can be traded unlimited like mats and consumables. Some items can be traded once then becomes untradable and there are non tradable items which are the best items.

Damnit Zxi you beat me. Stop watching Quinn.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They will have MTX in a shop, but I didn't quite hear the Dev's answer about transmog.