Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Seems arbitrary. Endless paragon levels ensue after that. If that's your definition to the end of leveling, both(all ARPGS?) games have a point you can easily label as the end of leveling.
Except POE doesn't have a level cap. In the end it does affect how things can be balanced. But that comes down to dev junk and preferences. I prefer a hard level cap.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Except POE doesn't have a level cap. In the end it does affect how things can be balanced. But that comes down to dev junk and preferences. I prefer a hard level cap.
Sure it does. Level 95 for most people, level 100 for everyone. If you're going to quibble over 5 passive points, they are far less meaningful than truly endless paragon levels in D3.

Is it that certain abilities and gear are restricted by level? By level 70, you can equip almost everything in PoE. Level 80 gets you everything I believe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd say it's more about never having to do the D3 campaign again (because PL is actually a thing in Diablo, and only takes a few minutes of your helper's time), whereas I've done the PoE campaign so fucking many times that I've come to despise the whole thing. Endless repetition is fine once you're at the point where the things you do are permanent (for that league anyway), repeating the trivial part just so fucktards can "race" is stupid busy work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I'd say it's more about never having to do the D3 campaign again (because PL is actually a thing in Diablo, and only takes a few minutes of your helper's time), whereas I've done the PoE campaign so fucking many times that I've come to despise the whole thing. Endless repetition is fine once you're at the point where the things you do are permanent (for that league anyway), repeating the trivial part just so fucktards can "race" is stupid busy work.

Yea I'd so rather come up with the fastest, most optimized way to rush to hit level cap in 20 minutes, making leveling a complete pointless joke, and then endlessly do the same GR over and over and over and over and over and over....

At least PoE has an actual game to play. If you get bored of it, thats bound to happen, but its at least content to race through, events to participate in, and rewards.

If D4 is going to be D3 but slightly improved graphically, it should mean dead on arrival.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll agree with this point while still ranking it relatively low on the list of problems PoE needs to fix.

That said, the point was that D3's adventure/rift leveling was superior to PoE's leveling. So, no power leveling despite it being admittedly much more common and easier in D3. Unless Kurin meant adventures and rifts facilitate power leveling more than PoE's campaign? idk.

Not a direct fan of racing in PoE either. I do realize it fosters a larger community in PoE though. I like that my game feels alive and people participating in races, even just watching, encourages that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What is superior about leveling in D3?
The fact that you're doing "endgame" style tasks/repetition right from the start. If I could map right from the start in PoE, or only had to level through the campaign once per league, I'd be fine with it. However, it's needlessly tedious busywork to force you to take every character through the campaign. The campaign would be fine too if I just had to progress through each area, but constantly having to warp back to town at certain points, talk to this guy, talk to that guy, pick up this, pick up that, don't forget to grab your skillbook here, your skillbook there, etc.? It's one of the main reasons I rarely roll more than 1 char each season.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I like PoE’s system more but D3 gameplay is vastly superior. Skills are just funner to use and _feel_ impactful in Diablo while PoE skills feel like I’m just spawning sprites.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I like PoE’s system more but D3 gameplay is vastly superior. Skills are just funner to use and _feel_ impactful in Diablo while PoE skills feel like I’m just spawning sprites.
I know this is blasphemy here, but I could never get into the D2 endgame and later on PoE for largely the same reasons. Too many small decisions that collectively had significant impact and were irreversible forcing you to start all over again if you chose poorly. I fully appreciate the appeal that that design has, it just doesn’t appeal to me. Even Grim Dawn I only played through a few times to beat all of the difficulties and lost interest in grinding the perfect set.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The combat animations appear to be a step above the graphic quality.

If it was released now it wouldn't be the nicest looking ARPG but it does look really fun to play.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Wow that cinematic is really great, sending them money right now.

No wait, fuck that shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users