Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Alot of Diablo fans has serious doubts (including myself) about the game and after the abomination of D3 we have every right to be. I really dont give about a rat's ass about how scary a monster may look or sound. As long the game has depth, good game play and mechanics I will be happy. I've been playing games with outdated or low requirement graphics (ie Terraria, Stardew Valley and D2) and been having tons of fun. This last update kind of tells me they haven't came up with anything new worthy of discussing or worst case scenario they still have no clue where they are going with the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bet the game will look good, run good but will be shallow, void of meaningful choices and fall short of any real challenge (build and mechanic wise). It will be watered down to cater to the masses and end up with a couple of cookiecutter builds for each class, easily and quickly obtainable bis gear and most importantly no end game to speak of (when compared to PoE for example).
But more importantly, it will be diverse and inclusive!

Edit: Honestly, D4 will have a tremendous following on release, there is no need for it be like PoE, they both appeal to different sets of players. I would like D4 to be closer to what Lost Ark offers, but I can't see Blizzard being able to pull that off for D4. I'll be playing it when its finally released years from now, if it does get released, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Alot of Diablo fans has serious doubts (including myself) about the game and after the abomination of D3 we have every right to be. I really dont give about a rat's ass about how scary a monster may look or sound. As long the game has depth, good game play and mechanics I will be happy. I've been playing games with outdated or low requirement graphics (ie Terraria, Stardew Valley and D2) and been having tons of fun. This last update kind of tells me they haven't came up with anything new worthy of discussing or worst case scenario they still have no clue where they are going with the game.
D3s gameplay is still some of the best out there in terms of ARPGs. The big issue D3 had/has is a relative lack of depth. It's super easy to "gear out" a toon and there's relatively little use in rolling "alts". Basically, each class has one meta build each season and that's it. You don't have near the build diversity of a game like PoE.

Gameplay and systems wise though, D3 is still great. The game *feels* good to play, abilities, animations, etc. Plus, I think Rifts are a much better "endgame" mechanic than mapping is.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
D3s gameplay is still some of the best out there in terms of ARPGs. The big issue D3 had/has is a relative lack of depth. It's super easy to "gear out" a toon and there's relatively little use in rolling "alts". Basically, each class has one meta build each season and that's it. You don't have near the build diversity of a game like PoE.

Gameplay and systems wise though, D3 is still great. The game *feels* good to play, abilities, animations, etc. Plus, I think Rifts are a much better "endgame" mechanic than mapping is.

Pretty good troll.

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If that’s a troll then I’ll also troll and agree that D3 gameplay (abilities, animations, sound, etc) is superior to PoE.

PoE is carried by its depth, not it’s moment to moment gameplay.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
D3 plays great now. It was a pile of shit at release. Best controller friendly arpg ever. Like stated above though it doesn’t have the staying power of other arpgs, it’s too shallow, you just grind and farm towards a few different builds and that’s it.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I botted it 24/7 for a few months. Even ran a 2 bot party for a while.

D3 is far better as an autoclicker.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Moment to moment Gameplay in D3 was always fine, but their itemisation, map generator, game modes, character building and progression systems are both shit and shallow. I don't expect D4 to be any different. Fun for a week but that's it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I botted it 24/7 for a few months. Even ran a 2 bot party for a while.

D3 is far better as an autoclicker.

that's how i played it too (after playing it normally a lot)

More fun to optimize your bot and wake up to ID your loot for the night and see how far in greater rift the bot got.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
that's how i played it too (after playing it normally a lot)

More fun to optimize your bot and wake up to ID your loot for the night and see how far in greater rift the bot got.

The most entertaining thing for me was seeing my bots beat normal players in game.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's funny Blizzard did a big quarterly update and nobody even gave enough of a fuck to bump it... Lol what a shit company. What's amusing is all of the information they released was graphics and sound which are pretty much the only functioning teams at Blizzard or ever has been.

The biggest thing these donkey fuckers forget while they suck themselves off on updates is the sound and graphics don't mean shit if the game isn't fun and Diablo 3 sucked shit through a straw.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched some of the sound stuff and it is just...pathetic. They recorded themselves taking a road trip into the desert to bang on a metal drum and whirl around a tennis ball they lit on fire. And they acted like these were unique and interesting sounds. Then they showed clips of those sound effects in game and they sound... exactly like diablo 2. What a waste of time and resources.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I watched some of the sound stuff and it is just...pathetic. They recorded themselves taking a road trip into the desert to bang on a metal drum and whirl around a tennis ball they lit on fire. And they acted like these were unique and interesting sounds. Then they showed clips of those sound effects in game and they sound... exactly like diablo 2. What a waste of time and resources.

The Blizzard North team was clearly more talented than the rest. Like everything else with Blizzard of 20 years ago vs now... all the talent has moved on. What remains are vultures wanting to ride the coattails of their betters.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
More than that, it feels desperate. Anyone who's been even vaguely interested in the sound effects of any radio, movie, television, or video game knows about Foley. Not to knock sound guys, but the technique has been around for over a century now; everyone's seen it before.

The only reason I can imagine they're showcasing sound guys doing Foley effects is: they have NOTHING else to show. The game was announced 3 years ago and probably been in development for years before that, and this is all they've got ready. Sound guys dicking around in the desert. No real game play, no new classes, no interesting mechanics. This is it.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
More than that, it feels desperate. Anyone who's been even vaguely interested in the sound effects of any radio, movie, television, or video game knows about Foley. Not to knock sound guys, but the technique has been around for over a century now; everyone's seen it before.

The only reason I can imagine they're showcasing sound guys doing Foley effects is: they have NOTHING else to show. The game was announced 3 years ago and probably been in development for years before that, and this is all they've got ready. Sound guys dicking around in the desert. No real game play, no new classes, no interesting mechanics. This is it.

That is pretty much my take on it as well. If they want anyone to give a shit about this game they need to show how it plays and show they learned how to make a loot system that doesn't blow AIDS.

• 3Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem is if they show anything game related that isn't 100 percent finished, the internet will rip them shreds. If they show something that changes? People will get irate.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
  • 1Seriously?

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
The problem is if they show anything game related that isn't 100 percent finished, the internet will rip them shreds. If they show something that changes? People will get irate.
I don't think that's the issue, and hasn't been for a long time. Do you remember the D3 beta being limited to level 20 and Act 2 for the entire duration? How many issues could've been resolved revealing the rest of the game even to a handful of testers? They have been making poor decisions for a very long time.