Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I hope they keep up the dark feels and give the game some fucking depth. Please god no more instant switching skill bullshit.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If they don't have:

1.) A deeply customizable skill tree/system
2.) An exciting crafting system
3.) A near infinite and interesting end game

Then they have already lost.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
If they don't have:

Agreed. I seriously hope they don't use the D3 skill system where everyone has every skill. I can't think of a less rewarding system for leveling up your character. I don't understand why Blizzard hates skill trees these days. Vanilla WoW and D2 were perfect. Retail WoW and D3 are a bad joke.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Agreed. I seriously hope they don't use the D3 skill system where everyone has every skill. I can't think of a less rewarding system for leveling up your character. I don't understand why Blizzard hates skill trees these days. Vanilla WoW and D2 were perfect. Retail WoW and D3 are a bad joke.

It is because they are mostly a company of mediocre (at best) individuals and that level of talent cannot develop or balance something as complex as a skill tree.

• 4Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
400k views on that video and only 3k likes. Ouch.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I put that shit on 2x speed and all I could see was environments? 17 minutes of environments? Who fucking cares.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I put that shit on 2x speed and all I could see was environments? 17 minutes of environments? Who fucking cares.
I skipped around, there was at least one fight I saw.

Edit: Looked again, starts around 8:45. The combat looks fine, could be any generic arpg.

I really hate what they’re doing with the text. Every single damage or status or whatever text that appears on the mob, the font gets huge for .1 second then shrinks. It’s really spastic looking. I could see maybe doing that for statuses so you notice them, and big crits but doing it for everything is annoying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Combat starts at 7:45 mark if anyone is interested. You'll see a fleshed out UI, splashy combat text, co-op action, generic arpg flair

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It is because they are mostly a company of mediocre (at best) individuals and that level of talent cannot develop or balance something as complex as a skill tree.
I think they got pretentious too. Success got to their head and their workflow methods and internal balancing rules took on a life of their own and can't be changed.

Like I assume that some high up "learned" that talent trees are pointless and now there is a company wide mandate not to use them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Probably looking forward to this than most, but I hope they do better w/ the lighting. The shadows come and go in that first clip as he's running through narrow areas, but it's clear it's some artificial global thing they have going on or the shadows cast would be very different in spots like this... not a deal breaker or anything as it won't always be very obvious if you're not looking for it, but this bugs me a little. Just before the bridge the shadow does move apparently with lighting, but I wonder if that's actually a transition to a new area which has a different global point of light and it just fades in/out as you walk near some other sources.

View attachment 407837

View attachment 407836
player shadows are locked to the character there. its always behind them. if you stand in place and rotate, it will rotate with you.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
player shadows are locked to the character there. its always behind them. if you stand in place and rotate, it will rotate with you.
that's how shadows work in real life, though... right? *nervous laughter* right?!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
that's how shadows work in real life, though... right? *nervous laughter* right?!

You may want to consult a religious person of your choosing. Preferably one with an O-level in demonology.

• 1Worf

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and its alpha, I wouldn't read too much into it. the shadows seemed globally locked in other areas.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't think what's left at Blizzard is capable of making a good game, or any game really.

Diablo Immortal was announced like 5 fuckin years ago lmao and they can't even release a bad phone game.

• 4Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't think what's left at Blizzard is capable of making a good game, or any game really.

Diablo Immortal was announced like 5 fuckin years ago lmao and they can't even release a bad phone game.

I cannot believe it has already been half a decade since that retard got onstage and accidentally created the "don't you all have phones?" meme.

• 2Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Game looks cool but like, but i want to see the possible customization - Diablo simplistic trees just wont do it for me if they cant come up with something deep and intriguing for class trees. When all of the newer ARPGs have managed to come up with something more and more intriguing over the years i just look at D3 trees and scoff. These other games like Grim Dark, and Lost Epoc that dont have half the monetary support may not look ar glorious but sure as shit stomp on Diablo in terms of deeper combat and skill trees.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
If they don't have:

Lost to what? I really think you over-estimate the demands of Diablo fans and fans of the ARPG genre.

Shit you already have people calling this a day 1 buy in this thread without so much as a hint of things to come. I'm not gunna throw people under the bus for it though, Diablo scratches an itch that no other game really does in the same way.

Now if you think people outside diablo won't give this a day-1 buy because "there are better options" or something. No, the only game that even holds a candle to Diablo is PoE and not a person in their right mind who plays PoE will pass on Diablo. If people somehow think Lost Ark is a contender to Diablo, I disagree completely. If Diablo 4 released around a month after lost ark, that game would have 4k people instead of 400k people playing it. Assuming Diablo 4 made SOME progress in ANY manner.

I'm likely gunna look for some cheap as fuck Ukranian CD keys to buy because I'm not giving that company a dime more than I have to in order to "Legally" play the game.

• 2Like