Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Isn't that how every ARPG starts off? Giving you room to improve attack speed, movement speed, gain movement abilities, etc as the game progresses?

I mean PoE has you start off washed up on a beach beating stuff with a club and no abilities.

So this trailer is only new characters in the very first zone? They didn't want to show off even a mid level character with some run speed boots and increased attack speed or faster cast rate weapon? Or skills that increase those things?

And it still looks slower than most other ARPGs even at base levels.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So this trailer is only new characters in the very first zone? They didn't want to show off even a mid level character with some run speed boots and increased attack speed or faster cast rate weapon? Or skills that increase those things?

It's pre-alpha. They probably don't have anything mid level built yet. What we're looking at is basically a tech demo.

There's still a fuckton of development left about which we can be hopeless.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I do hope those are not the final Icons that we're going to get. /sigh #notafan

1655843704358.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Had the same thought. Really hoping theyre place holder but I have this weird feeling they are not

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You really can't draw any conclusions from details like that in pre-alpha footage. I'd say that Blizzard should hold off on exposing that footage until the game has been improved but really they need all the public correction they can get. Diablo3's art style was totally redone after their disaster of pre-alpha footage, and Blizzard needs to distract from Diablo Immortal as much as possible even if the Diablo IV footage is frankly lackluster.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably 75%+ of players are going to be using headphones when playing this game. As a guy who deals with sound design and engineering on a daily basis, I'm worried about the stereo soundscape that was presented in that demo. It's very "narrow" sounding to my ears. Too much sound is centered, even for a isometric game, I'd expect something a bit better by now, given how excellent the sound design was on Overwatch. #smallnitpick

• 3Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I won't pre-order, rarely do these days aside from maybe a few days before release to get bonus stuff if there's any. I will most likely get it. Everything looks good to me and I love Diablo 3. I'll wait for reviews or beta impression before making a final decision though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that probably 75%+ of players are going to be using headphones when playing this game. As a guy who deals with sound design and engineering on a daily basis, I'm worried about the stereo soundscape that was presented in that demo. It's very "narrow" sounding to my ears. Too much sound is centered, even for a isometric game, I'd expect something a bit better by now, given how excellent the sound design was on Overwatch. #smallnitpick
I just got off the phone with Microsoft, here's how the sound in that vid went:

Boss: Hey, we need to get a diablo IV vid out to throw smoke over hte immortal clusterfuck those assholes at Mobile Devices shat out. Can we get some gameplay footage with some damn sound?
Sound manager: Uhh, that's not slated till Q3, what the fuck. CAn't you just dub it?
Boss: Get it done by Monday unless you want the Furor desk treatment
Sound Manager: Great news! We hacked in sound late Sunday morning, it's not great but it works!!
Fan: *pushes glasses up* I'm a licensed sound engineer for my D&D club and this sound is narrow to my ears.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I know literally nothing about coding/creating a game, but is it a lot more work to make it mod-able?

Blizzard will not have an offline mode for this game and will go after anyone who attempts to emulate a server and mod the game with extreme prejudice. This is the new Blizzard after they watched DOTA slip through their grasp

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know literally nothing about coding/creating a game, but is it a lot more work to make it mod-able?
The least amount of work is to do nothing to stop the game from being modable. Gamers will find ways to "hack in" and mod it in really basic but useful ways. The most amoutn of work to do is to make it openly modable like say, Elder Scrolls games.

Blizzard will almost certainly expend effort preventing players from modding it and go after people who run modded servers, like Khane says.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game is being fast tracked to a release date.

But keep calling it "pre-alpha" fanboy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
yall not realizing d3 was like 2nd most profitable game blizzard made and you're acting like d4 wont be d3.2

there is simply nothing more to do for a hack/slash top down game... yall crying for something innovating when the genre has been dead.

diablo was revolutionary, d2 polished it... d3 was a rehash... d4 is a limp dick

• 1Slow
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoE innovates once in a while. Have you ever wondered what it's be like to play Pokemon while hacking and slashing? No? How about Tower Defense? What if everything was grey?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user