Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
POE2 is going to be miles ahead of this.
They look like basically the same game. The graphics are very similar and the gameplay itself isn't massively different. The only thing that will be different is the overall complexity of the game. D4 will be more streamlined for sure which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I personally think D4 will actually be a good game itself, it's just a matter of if they will ruin it with stupid loot box shit or something.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They look like basically the same game. The graphics are very similar and the gameplay itself isn't massively different. The only thing that will be different is the overall complexity of the game. D4 will be more streamlined for sure which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I personally think D4 will actually be a good game itself, it's just a matter of if they will ruin it with stupid loot box shit or something.

doubt.gif

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’d be willing to bet a testicle that D4 will ultimately look and play much better than PoE2. PoE will undoubtably be more complex.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I’d be willing to bet a testicle that D4 will ultimately look and play much better than PoE2. PoE will undoubtably be more complex.
They would be wise to make a better playing version of PoE that is slightly less complex, but not as watered down as D3 or Immortal which means they probably wont do that.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They would be wise to make a better playing version of PoE that is slightly less complex, but not as watered down as D3 or Immortal which means they probably wont do that.....

The systems will be on par with Immortal. Immortal was capitalizing on D3 design, D4 will further that. It'll be a little more complex than Immortal.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ultimately what makes or breaks ARPGs to me is how enjoyable the grind is.

POE succeeds in changing it up such that people keep coming back. Will D4 be able to capture that?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ultimately what makes or breaks ARPGs to me is how enjoyable the grind is.

POE succeeds in changing it up such that people keep coming back. Will D4 be able to capture that?
No, I dont think it will.

PoE has had 28 expansions(content updates, w/e) to date, and they still have seasons on top of that. Diablo 3 struggled with the idea of even putting content out. I personally dont think much has changed since then. Diablo Immortal has just shown us that they're most like going to treat Diablo 4 as a GaaS this time and you can see it in the previews with the heavy leaning MMO focus.

If the game sells for 60 bucks and I see a screenshot of a Season Pass for 25 bucks or some shit - Im not buying it.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I mean they can always pull a rabbit out of the hat. They are fully aware that the Diablo franchise is at stake. D3 didnt come out that great, it got sort of fixed later but initially was a fucking disaster. So it comes down to the whole fool me once thing. But hey like I said they could pull one out of the bag I mean idiots sometimes have a breakthrough, right?
This is what a Lions fan looks like, ladies and gentlemen. Neverending hope.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
No, I dont think it will.

PoE has had 28 expansions(content updates, w/e) to date, and they still have seasons on top of that. Diablo 3 struggled with the idea of even putting content out. I personally dont think much has changed since then. Diablo Immortal has just shown us that they're most like going to treat Diablo 4 as a GaaS this time and you can see it in the previews with the heavy leaning MMO focus.

The thing with Diablo Immortal is that they utterly fail at living up to GaaS standards for mobile gacha. They're trying to get away with the lethargic PC release patterns. I doubt that flies for mobile-first users, so all they'll have left in a month or two are Blizz fanbois. Whether they learn from that D4 is up for debate, but I'm leaning towards nope.

Xerge

<Donor>
Blizzard wants longevity and their only success with that is basically an MMO so it's no surprise they try and MMOify every fucking game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard wants longevity and their only success with that is basically an MMO so it's no surprise they try and MMOify every fucking game.
Diablo, Warcraft RTS and Starcraft are franchises known for having games with tons of longevity.

Xerge

<Donor>
For gameplay sure but gameplay doesn't always equal financial longevity.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Possible alpha/beta leak footage. Whoever posted it their PC specs is pretty low or game client wasn't optimized at all. The game ran like a slide show. The actual footage starts around the 7 min mark.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The female barbarian character model looks like she's waiting for me to ask her for a pack or Marlboros and pay for gas on pump 11.

Screenshot 2022-08-03 212405.png

Btw dude who streamed this is screwed. That water mark is personalized (unless Blizz is dumb and that's the perforce change number, but usually water marks are tagged to the user.). They should know exactly who this person is. Willing to bet it's a QA contractor.

Whoever posted it their PC specs is pretty low or game client wasn't optimized at all.

Its not that its not optimized, it doesn't even have the textures or fully animated models yet. This isnt even alpha quality. It's pre-alpha.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you think they are going to have game systems in place within 12 months, go jump off a bridge that you were sold, that also doesn't exist.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you think they are going to have game systems in place within 12 months, go jump off a bridge that you were sold, that also doesn't exist.
Just because they said it will release next year doesn't mean it's releasing next year. Release dates are literally constantly pushed back.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Possible alpha/beta leak footage. Whoever posted it their PC specs is pretty low or game client wasn't optimized at all. The game ran like a slide show. The actual footage starts around the 7 min mark.
The fact that its been removed already gives me cause to think it was a legit rip. Those models looked horrendous, but outside of that - the vocals of the video sounded like some indian hijab fuck. So I wonder if it was just being ran on an intel pentium or some shit.