Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good thing they'll be drawing from Lost Ark/Immortal then and not POE.

I can promise Fractured Plane is a D4 feature of some kind that they are beta testing on Immortal-- to "innovate" the rift system from D3.

For people who don't know what it is, think Torghast as the closest comparison.

Hopefully done right this time.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You know what's not fun? Trying to play a game with no fucking idea what's going on. Like you roll in to chapter two and there are some random animals you capture and do something with? Then you kill some random dudes and this wierd matrix of random dudes pops up.

And on and on and on. The whole game continues like this and not knowing what all this shit is and what it does is frustrating. Not knowing which stuff is important and which stuff is ignorable is annoying. The game is packed full of shit systems.

So again, is the claim that you can read 5 minutes worth of stuff and know a real claim or is PoE a bloated piece of junk that has an untenable number of systems? Should we use PoE as an example of what not to do in a game?
I'm not gonna claim PoE is easy on people that skim past guidance, or even those who seek it, but your example there is retarded.

Capturing something is part of Einhar's intro quest, and he then asks you to visit the menagerie where the quest explains what to do with those beasts. Each master has an intro quest like that. Unless you just keep those half-finished quests forever or pay zero attention to what you are doing while you are completing them.

Wanting a game you can cruise around in with minimal attention is fair enough. If that's what you are after, There are games where it works. PoE is definitely not for you, but it's on you in this case, not the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played PoE in a few years but the few times I dove in and got to "endgame" the complication wasn't that frontloaded and you could pretty much just hop in and play.

But once you've gotten *really* good at one RPG, you know that you won't get that good until you've got a really good handle of the mechanics (or gotten your hand held by someone who does), so the complication feels overwhelming. Either ignore it and just enjoy the experience, learn the game or don't play old and bloated RPGs like EQ or PoE. There's more streamlined, new or mechanically basic games than games with ridic bloated mechanics, and the veterans generally enjoy the game because of the bloated mechanics.

I know when I went back to WoW a couple of years ago and saw the game was simpler than it was when I left it ten years ago I quickly lost interest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
D2 was as “obtuse” in many ways as PoE. The evolution of the internet and time solved d2. D3 is a fucking happy meal of an arpg. Grim Dawn, Last Epoch, PoE and D2 all shit all over d3. I played a lot of d3 too, but it’s Candy Crush. There’s nothing to “master” or “learn.”

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not 5 minutes of reading though. It's fucking hours of research on shit. As I have said before in this thread, I asked once in the PoE help section of their forums for a write up on the different past mechanics and which are worthwhile or even an explanation (since the in-game explanation is retarded) and the only answer was "go search YouTube".

If there is a 5 minute quick start guide to relevant content and skipable content in PoE please feel free to post it.

So your bar for a community being trash is they told you to youtube an explanation of the systems that someone has recorded instead of manually typing it all out specifically for you? The correct response to your question should have been to youtube it, followed up by calling you a faggot. People spend hours putting together videos and build guides for PoE yet the community is trash? I'm sorry they don't have the time to also spoon feed it to you.

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
D4 thread seeing more PoE activity than PoE thread on 3.19 launch weekend. I love this forum.

Fyff, new season, come join us.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
PoE is not that fucking complicated.

My only gripe with POE is not wanting to replay the whole story to try entirely different builds.

Either you grind respec currency, trade for them, or re-play, with the first two options really being unreasonable. I'd love to be able to have a field day with that glorious skill tree...but im tired of replaying the story, and just want to focus on maps an end game stuff.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
D4 thread seeing more PoE activity than PoE thread on 3.19 launch weekend. I love this forum.

Fyff, new season, come join us.
Why so your great PoE community can be like the poster above you calling me a faggot? Nah man, I'm good.

• 1Worf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Why so your great PoE community can be like the poster above you calling me a faggot? Nah man, I'm good.
Emotion Reaction GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I would love PoE if I were disabled, handicapped, or confound to 1 space for some lengthy time.

• 3Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Makes me question what is happening to this community that there is this much chatter about a Blizzard game in 2022 over a "quarterly update". This thread should be nothing but falling gifs. I'm disappointed.

• 3Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Makes me question what is happening to this community that there is this much chatter about a Blizzard game in 2022 over a "quarterly update". This thread should be nothing but falling gifs. I'm disappointed.

simps are just desperate to give their money to furry fags over at Blizz

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Like really. I get it. There absolutely is a market for a beer and pretzel ARPG type game. One that lets you binge troon hentai on your second monitor while you run through dungeons and look for whatever. One where you can, to some degree, farm out items for builds that can work alone. POE simply isn't that game unless you do play that way then run into a brick wall because you bricked your schizo build without realizing it. Not many people would do that repeatedly though but that is most likely your first league experience (it was definitely mine lol).

Something like Hades, but with the online component is what comes to mind to me.

If D3 is any indicator and knowing Blizzard is now full of talentless hacks D4 will likely be an even more derivative ARPG game with a grittier atmosphere. They'll copy some of the POE stuff they know works and call it a day.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty excited for D4. It doesn't look great but the combat looks good to me and sounds even better. PoE has always felt weightless and boring - the buildcraft is great but all the clunky systems and lame combat is just meh.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Like really. I get it. There absolutely is a market for a beer and pretzel ARPG type game. One that lets you binge troon hentai on your second monitor while you run through dungeons and look for whatever. One where you can, to some degree, farm out items for builds that can work alone. POE simply isn't that game unless you do play that way then run into a brick wall because you bricked your schizo build without realizing it. Not many people would do that repeatedly though but that is most likely your first league experience (it was definitely mine lol).
Same here. I never understood why POE forces you to farm currency and tokens for weeks to have a small chance at crafting something or have enough currency to buy from other players. ARPGs are not MMOs in my book, I like to be done in a week playing 3,4 hours per night. I might start another class or build if it's fun but why on earth some games make you literally wor,k 12 hour grind shifts for "fun" is beyond me. Might be some "have job" issue but still it does not make a game better if you force player to do dailies, chores, spare time work etc. Mr. Wilson.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
If they want my money, D4 better comes up an endgame system better than "replay the entire story from level 1" every damn season.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they want my money, D4 better comes up an endgame system better than "replay the entire story from level 1" every damn season.
This. So fucking this. These games always bore me to fucking tears cause I already know how to handle every fucking thing. You would think they would be able to do some really fantastic shit since everything is generated on the fly. Maybe have a league or a season feature that uses that tech for monsters? Or they really go out of the box and the world has some shit based off what players in the MMO/overworld part of the game do (ie. the system AoC says will be in place at launch. Node this tier and a Dragon spawns etc.)