Disgaea style pc games?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of any pc versions of games similar to Disgaea. While I was looking around, Agarest popped up and seems to be relatively similar but i'm not positive. Mostly interested in the massive post-game style stuff like Disgaea had with the item world/etc. and being able to sink hundreds and hundreds of hours into it and not so much a 20 hour rpg that is over and done after the story.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Emulate the PS2 games is your best option. Agarest has some repeatability with the generation system, but no where near as expansive as Disgaeas item world.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Agarest is also awful.

There isn't much in terms of anime style plus near infinite replayability/levelling that I'm aware of. If I'm incorrect, hopefully someone will chime in because that's something that would interest me as well.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Are ps2 emulators in pretty good shape these days? They were pretty rough around the edges last time I was looking into anything past the sega/snes emulators (was a while ago tho).

Also, anime style isn't necessary, I mostly love the gameplay style but can't poopsock on a ps3 at the moment, will be March at the earliest before that's an option.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The ps3 emulators work pretty damn well but it can vary game to game. Persona 3/4 work great on them. Also depends on the quality of the .iso you get is.

Northerner

N00b
I like the King's Bounty games (although not sure why...) but I wouldn't say they are too similar to the Disgaea series. They've no humor, plot or honestly, challenge really. Still, oddly fun.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I would not call King's Bounty Disgaea like at all..

I do love me some Disgaea too. And I feel like its a giant missed opportunity to not have it and games like it, on the PC. I feel like they would be natural fits.

Dofus.
DOFUS, the strategic MMORPG
The Wakfu MMO. Uses turned based grids for gameplay.

I remember an indie game with turned based play, I was trying to get the name for. Did not find it. But, did come up with another Tactics game I dont think I had even heard of before.

Record of Agarest War. Seems there is a whole series of this on Steam.
Agarest: generations of war 45/100 metacritic. ouch.
Agarest:generations of war zero. (prequel.)
Agarest: generations of war 2. Screenshots in steam make this one look like Valk Profile combat. user reviews on these are better then the metacritic.

"Grotesque Tactics" came up on "more like this" looks like it has tile combat too. 65/100 meta. "mixed reviews"

"Rime Berta" also did. Appears to be an indie tactics/Disgaea clone. Very low budget looking. Reviews suggest very watered down in your standard indie way. Also, android game.

So I can't actually comment on the quality of those games. just listing ones that came up.