Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm no waifu, but I do enjoy some of the "serious" ones like old Ghost in the shell stuff. The usual harem chasing some fag boy is nauseating and anything with the 10x normal sized eyes etc.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I finally decided to go back and watch clone wars, and I got a notice last night that I have until sept 8th to finish it. I heard disney was pulling their shit, but I'm surprised it's happening so quick.

They really are trying to push all of us to piracy. So what's everyone favorite way to steal tv shows? If I start rationalizing that shit now I might not have to miss anything I really want to see.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I see the industry wants another spike in piracy rates. What is this like #50 now? Learning disabilities everywhere.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah . . . that 10tb and 9000pts of upload I have on IPT are looking juicy as hell right now.

• 1Worf

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll never subscribe to more than one streaming service at a time no matter how much they splinter. Lately I've just been using red box since my interest in movies and TV shows is at an all time low.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't mind subscribing to multiple streaming services, since they're all centrally located on my Roku and going between them is no harder than flipping the TV channel on traditional cable.

My issue with companies making their own streaming services is simply that it's almost always unnecessary. Disney has a handful of stuff I'd be interested in, but they don't offer nearly enough for me (personally) to want to bother paying another monthly sub fee. CBS is another good example of this. ABC, Fox, and NBC have most of their stuff available on Hulu, but for some retarded reason CBS has their own proprietary "all access" service you pay for. Fuck that. CBS shows aren't good enough to make it worth it.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Friend on another forum who works for netflix, main point was that it isnt so much content as it is user experience and how reliable the application is across numerous devices.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah if all the TV networks banded together and just agreed to put all their shit on Hulu that would be one thing, but every one of these fuckers has decided they'd rather go it alone like the fuck bois they are

at least that shitty "every LA comedian seems to have a show on it" streaming site seeso died this week, they announced they are shutting down. HarmonQuest was on it though, think its being moved to yet another shitty streaming site

and yeah I didn't think about it but the ubiquity of netflix apps across all smart TVs, phones, devices, etc and how great the apps are is definitely great. I have Playstation Vue and would like to let my parents use it but I got rid of all their devices when I bought them a samsung TV but there is no Vue app for Samsung TVs. I don't wanna buy em an amazon fire or another device, because its another remote control and more buttons they need whereas they can use netflix just fine off the smart TV.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Friend on another forum who works for netflix, main point was that it isnt so much content as it is user experience and how reliable the application is across numerous devices.

I'm one who falls through the cracks of their analysis then. I don't care how reliable your shit is if your service has only minimal content that I want to consume in the first place. If you don't check that box off first then your user experience and reliability are non-factors as far as I'm concerned.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was very happy with an antenna and Netflix, hadn't pirated much anymore. Oh well, here we go again. I'll gladly give them $0

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't see myself ever subscribing to an individual company's service. Back in the haydays of cable, I would have loved a la carte options and would have loved to be able to pay less for only the shit I wanted, but now? You need to provide a LOT of content to make me go out of my way to subscribe outside my existing services. I have Netflix, which I'll keep around for the foreseeable future. I have Amazon Prime, which gives me a little variety from Netflix, but nothing too crazy. I don't even bother adding on Hulu because I just don't need it that much.

This splintering is 100% going to drive piracy back up. The content wars between Hulu / Netflix / Amazon was one thing, but CBS, HBO, Disney... the more companies that do this the more they all lose. HBO gets away with it because they were one of the first and they still have not just their own content.

The sports streaming is another world of ignorance. As the generations shift and sports revenue start to suffer more and more I wonder if they'll wise up but I doubt it. It took decades for already digital companies to really even partially adapt to the streaming shift. I don't care about sports and frankly think there's entirely too much money in the whole system, so some culling would be healthy, but a lot of people enjoy it and it sucks that the companies are making it so damn hard to.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
IGN had an article this morning saying that it wasn't settled yet what will happen with Marvel and Star Wars, it's just Disney and Pixar that are definitely jumping ship so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

spronk

FPS noob
i mean theres no way they eventually don't move everything over.

scenario 1: the disney streaming service is hugely popular, it makes sense for them to move everything there to max revenue/compete with netflix
scenario 2: the disney service is not popular, they have to add more content to get more subs and marvel stuff makes perfect sense

The only situation not doing it is if they are thinking about just flat out buying netflix and doing this as a test to see how hard it would be to compete with them

Royal

IGN had an article this morning saying that it wasn't settled yet what will happen with Marvel and Star Wars, it's just Disney and Pixar that are definitely jumping ship so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

That's the official party line at the moment but they're gonna move them (provided they can move the stuff that was developed specifically for Netflix, I've never seen those sorts of particulars to the deal discussed). It doesn't make sense not to. They're just keeping the announcement under their hat until the assorted current deals expire. There's no sense in creating some waves by announcing it while some of those series are still in the development pipeline.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
i mean theres no way they eventually don't move everything over.

scenario 1: the disney streaming service is hugely popular, it makes sense for them to move everything there to max revenue/compete with netflix
scenario 2: the disney service is not popular, they have to add more content to get more subs and marvel stuff makes perfect sense

The only situation not doing it is if they are thinking about just flat out buying netflix and doing this as a test to see how hard it would be to compete with them

Id be fine with Disney buying Netflix and welcome my new Disney overlords with welcome arms. I have zero problem letting Google and Disney control the world.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is still a long and painful road to get to the tv arrangement we want but we will get there.

Also, ESPN streaming without CFB, NFL, and NBA is fucking hilarious.

Royal

Also, ESPN streaming without CFB, NFL, and NBA is fucking hilarious.

Late 80's ESPN: rodeos, bicycle racing, monster truck rallies, drag racing, tractor pulls, and the jewel in the crown ... out of market college basketball games.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Late 80's ESPN: rodeos, monster truck rallies, drag racing, tractor pulls, and the jewel in the crown ... out of market college basketball games.

I would gladly take all that if it came with in their prime Berman, Jackson, Patrick, and Oberman.