Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to see how hard Disney+ hits netflix.

I can't imagine what infrastructure needs to be in place to be able to handle the data flow Netflix, and now Disney+ consume, especially with 0 time for natural growth (Disney).

I guess we need to wait till next October for the report to come out:

2019:

Variety article:

In the Americas, Netflix’s share of downstream traffic for the first six months of 2019 was 12.9% — dropping from last year’s 19.1% share — putting it in third place behind HTTP media streaming and operator-delivered video.

sandvine-2019-global-internet-phenonemna-report.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
What a shit selection of content. Good thing I got this for free through Verizon, because whats currently available isn't worth anywhere near $7 a month.

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My family is super excited about the content on here. I'll get the first year for free and see how long they (and I) are into it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a shit selection of content. Good thing I got this for free through Verizon, because whats currently available isn't worth anywhere near $7 a month.
What kind of content were you expecting? More original shows? I don't get it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I'm confused. I browsed through it and I feel like it's loaded with shit to watch.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can only browse on chrome right now but I don't see a way to download anything, is that only an option on Android or something?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
630 movies and shows to watch, and there's NOTHING ON IT, MAN. Nothing at all nothing at all nothing at all

Yeah but lets be real here man, how many of those are kids shows and kids movies?

Like I said if you have kids of the proper age this is a no brainer, if not, a few months and you will probably see everything there is you wanna see on there as an adult. Even less if youre a hard core binger.

Crone

Kids loving and watching Olaf's Frozen Adventure right now! WIN!

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yeah but lets be real here man, how many of those are kids shows and kids movies?

Like I said if you have kids of the proper age this is a no brainer, if not, a few months and you will probably see everything there is you wanna see on there as an adult. Even less if youre a hard core binger.

Kids shows and kids movies on fucking DISNEY? Say it ain't so.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

LOL.

What were you expecting honestly.

Tons of great stuff here that appeals to all ages unless you're too embarrassed to watch anything not rated R or Mature.

I'll watch the Marvel flicks I still haven't seen yet, will try the Disney Nature stuff since I never went to see any of it, and I always liked some of the feel-good sports stuff like Remember the Titans, Miracle, Invincible.

Obviously going to watch Mandalorian.

National Geographic has some interesting stuff, already saw Free Solo but might watch some of their other series.

Lots of classics from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s... Might relive my childhood with Herbie, Mighty Ducks, Duck Tales, Tailspin, Gargoyles.
Lots of good holiday flicks to have on in the background too.

I do have kids and watching some of this is to show it to the kids, but hey, I'll enjoy it with them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
For kids I get it. And I'll dig into the National Geographic stuff, but I had expected more of the extended media properties Disney has conglomerated over the years, like Fox properties.

From a quick glance at the poorly working interface, which I'm not annoyed about with it being opening day. All it looks to have is Disney Movies, Disney TV, Star Wars and Avengers.

Right now I pay for Netflix out of shear convenience, and torrent anything else I want. I hadn't paid attention to this adn what it would include other than the stupid amount of hype and that I'd get it for free through Verizon. I'm totally underwhelmed by what's on offer.

For the record I have no hate towards disney movies, I grew up on the 90's animated films, and have seen all the Pixar movies up to the present. But I also don't have a large motivation to watch them again.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I heard on reddit that they are not even going to add the rated R shit like Deadpool and other R movies like Wolverine. Its all G up to PG13.

hory

At 38 as much as l liked rescue rangers I doubt I'll take 20 minutes to watch an episode. Also kids today, in my experience, don't care for older animation.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dont have alot of evidence about older animation other than my kids, maybe they are still young enough that they dont notice or maybe it is because of what I expose them too but they love the older cartoons, I showed them the greatest of all disney movies The Black Couldron a couple weeks back and they ate it up, right now we are on yogi bear and flintstones. Alot of the new stuff on disney and Cartoon Network almost looks like impressionist shit to me half the time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Pssh I'm going to force my kids to like old animations and all the things I find nostalgic

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
View attachment 230867
I hate being a eurocuck.

This is an instance where it's no different over here.

We just have to wait for the rising line of "oh shit, we actually need more bandwidth" to intersect with the "what the fuck is this shit, RAGE, I QUIT" to intersect.

Like any mmo launch!

• 1Mother of God