Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Maul

Dental Dammer
Interesting that Disney+ can't launch in Europe until they figure out how to meet the "30% of the content from Europe" rule. This is gonna be especially hard given that Netflix was already gobbling up whatever locally produced fare they could in order to meet that benchmark AND UK content won't count after Brexit.
Lol without UK content they are totally fucked then surely? UK networks are releasing their own streaming service soon as well and are taking back all their content from Netflix for it.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still cant login to hulu with the disney+ info. Anyone still having this issue?

Two of the best of all of them, you're missing out.

I had cancelled my hulu account a while back and it used the same login for disney+ when I set it up. You have to go through a specific link in the disney portal to force-synch it (or something?) because if you just sign into hulu it'll fail to detect the sub and want you to re-enter your payment info.

If you google hulu issues with disney+ registration or something like that, it'll give you the place to find the "Watch now" hulu link in the disney portal.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This, if it isn't Pixar high res animation kids want nothing to do with it.

My five year old doesn’t care about the animation style at all, watches everything from shitty, barely moving cartoons to Pixar / spiderverse level stuff.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
In Australia, we get Disney+ next week.

For the last little while, there's been 2 main streaming services here. Netflix and a local one: Stan. Stan has more locally produced content as it draws from local TV networks ( also more UK content ) . It has always come in as a 2nd player against the much bigger Netflix. Well for the last year or more, one of the main draws that Stan had over Netflix has been that it was the local host of Disney content. So all the MCU, entire Pixar catalog plus the latest Star Wars stuff.

Today, it's all gone, I watched a Pixar film on it just last night, cause I figured they might be getting pulled. And this afternoon I checked and it's all disappeared.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
In Australia, we get Disney+ next week.

For the last little while, there's been 2 main streaming services here. Netflix and a local one: Stan. Stan has more locally produced content as it draws from local TV networks ( also more UK content ) . It has always come in as a 2nd player against the much bigger Netflix. Well for the last year or more, one of the main draws that Stan had over Netflix has been that it was the local host of Disney content. So all the MCU, entire Pixar catalog plus the latest Star Wars stuff.

Today, it's all gone, I watched a Pixar film on it just last night, cause I figured they might be getting pulled. And this afternoon I checked and it's all disappeared.

Im really looking forward to the upgraded Phil streaming service, Ben.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The wife and I introduced our 4 and 6 year old to Tale Spin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales. They love them! I feel like we finally accomplished something as parents!

Edit: We have also watched the pixar shorts multiple times over

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
nice, apparently the first 19-20 seasons of simpsons were upscaled to 16:9 but in doing so they lost some visuals from the top/bottom (there is a photo running around of a duff brewery gag that makes no sense in 16:9, but in 4:3 its clear) and Disney has already said they will fix it

hopefully they update the app with modern features soon too, not remembering what episode you watched last in a big series is pretty awful for a streaming app

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It isnt perfect and I'm sure it will be getting updates, but considering it went from 0 to 10 million users overnight, the service has been good so far. Day 1 had some minor issues but that was about it.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Is it true Disney altered the cantina scene in Star wars?
Lucas himself did it for the 3d release that never happened before he sold. Greedo says one extra thing and the shooting is slightly altered.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Can't removed shows I've watched from my list. Overall love the interface and stability, fuck that Netflix autoplay.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm a cheap bastard, but there are at least 10 movies on Disney+ I've been refusing to give them money for. Sub price seems reasonable, though, even for someone without kids. I'm dubious and look forward to outrage and promises that people will cancel when they start jacking the price up. But for now I think I might have to welcome my new Disney overlords.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Price won't go up til 2021+ cause they need actual new series to justify it and they got precious little in the pipe for the next year. Gives every service time to evaluate where they're at and which ones suck.

iannis

Musty Nester
Is it true Disney altered the cantina scene in Star wars?

I mean lucas did on his re-release. He added CGI aliens and I think he added showing greebo with a gun so that han does not shoot first.

My guess is Disney buys a european company to partner with to release in europe, if they care? Seems like it would be the thing to do. It seems like exactly what the law is meant to promote.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Could not really justify keeping it after the 7 day trial. Some nice nostalgia in there, but not enough new stuff.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Me to my daughter: Disney + has tons of stuff to watch you have never seen before.

Daughter: OMG, I can watch Jessie again for the 10,000th time.

Me: Sigh.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like I spoke to soon. Starting to get buffering every few seconds watching Endgame. Since I have a gig pipe to the house it isnt a bandwidth issue on my end.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
On the one hand I like competition, on the other hand, the more successful this is, the more and more streaming services are going to come out and then we're all right back to cable.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s free for a year if you have Verizon unlimited plan, which I do, so I’m in. I could cancel all streaming services and be happy but my wife and kid use it constantly. Hopefully when my free year is up I can talk her into canceling Netflix and keeping this, since it’s quite a bit cheaper.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
On the one hand I like competition, on the other hand, the more successful this is, the more and more streaming services are going to come out and then we're all right back to cable.
And the streaming services keep jacking up their prices too. I had direct tv now back when it started for $35/mo at the start of 2017, and was most recently raised to $60 so I cancelled it. That’s fucking cable subscription prices