Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
I do use two factor on anything that important with unique passwords. This my first account that I know of that has been compromised. I am just fascinated why anyone would takeover an account that was still in the trail period and if they have never changed my email address they could have leached off me for months.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Update to my cutting-the-cable post:

Everything *almost* went as planned, the Internet package wasn't as expected since Comcast gives you jacked up rates if you're not entering a 2yr/contract and/or a new customer.
100Mbps + their basic TV package (instead of signing up for Hulu) was $89 (no contract). So in the end I have slower internet but saved $25 from not doing Hulu's Live TV plan.

Boxes are unplugged & ready for shipping.
I'm finally free of cable & saving~$75/mth. Feels good man.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I pay $71/mo with Comcast getting 200 Mbps and minimal streaming which includes HBO.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The wife and I introduced our 4 and 6 year old to Tale Spin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales. They love them! I feel like we finally accomplished something as parents!

Edit: We have also watched the pixar shorts multiple times over

don't forget Darkwing Duck!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ironically though, this is kind of what everyone was asking for 25 years ago with cable. Let people pick what they wanted to watch instead of pay for every single "bundle" the cable company had a deal with.

yeah but now we're all spoiled by the low prices from this initial sub-grab era we've been in since Netflix launched. the era's almost over tho, Netflix was first to raise prices, the rest will inevitably do it in 3-5 years. and we'll be right back where we were price wise but with WAY more options, but more bitter for it lol

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update to my cutting-the-cable post:

Everything *almost* went as planned, the Internet package wasn't as expected since Comcast gives you jacked up rates if you're not entering a 2yr/contract and/or a new customer.
100Mbps + their basic TV package (instead of signing up for Hulu) was $89 (no contract). So in the end I have slower internet but saved $25 from not doing Hulu's Live TV plan.

Boxes are unplugged & ready for shipping.
I'm finally free of cable & saving~$75/mth. Feels good man.
We cut the cord in June. It was a bit odd at first, especially for the wife. $107 all in for 1 gig Fios pipe plus cheap hulu, Netflix (may not last), Amazon prime, Vudu and Disney + (3 yr deal for 5$ a month). Saving almost $100 a month without fios cable. Dont even notice it now. I gotta say I am shocked at how much we watch on hulu, and Disney + content is great for the daughter.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
We cut the cord in June. It was a bit odd at first, especially for the wife. $107 all in for 1 gig Fios pipe plus cheap hulu, Netflix (may not last), Amazon prime, Vudu and Disney + (3 yr deal for 5$ a month). Saving almost $100 a month without fios cable. Dont even notice it now. I gotta say I am shocked at how much we watch on hulu, and Disney + content is great for the daughter.
I don't expect Fios to ever come to my area unfortunately. Stuck with Comcast.
Wife watches more tv than I do and she's finding a lot on Amazon Prime / Netflix. Kids watch a lot on Disney+ and netflix. Hulu fills some gaps and Xfinity Basic channels (streamed) for football mainly.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
1574224343876.jpeg

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've been a cord-cutter for quite a few years now. Maybe 6-7? We never watch live TV, and I love pirating shit (even when I pay for services). I just prefer watching things on my computer for whatever reason.
Before I made the jump, I purchased a good roof antenna from Amazon and installed it inside of the attic of my house in Pennsylvania, then pointed it towards Philadelphia. We picked up quite a few channels with that before continuing to not watch TV with that either.

But our apartment in Hawaii has mandatory cable. I've had a box for 3 1/2 years, and that box has been turned on maybe 6 times total. We do everything with Netflix, Disney+ & Amazon Prime.
And I still pirate all my anime, rather than paying for crunchyroll. /shrug

• 2Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should have asked what signups they did, whether it was D23 member 3-year accounts and actually.. you know.. investigate if there was a breach not on the main site but elsewhere.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They should have asked what signups they did, whether it was D23 member 3-year accounts and actually.. you know.. investigate if there was a breach not on the main site but elsewhere.
People who make decisions nearly always have zero knowledge of infosec or IT in general. Welcome to modern business.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
So they recently added resume and restart and saving your progress on your shows. Also added ability to remove stuff from your watchlist.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have 4 shows that my kids are enjoying. 3 are from my childhood, and one is theirs.

DuckTales
TaleSpin
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Jake and the Never Land Pirates

Muppet Babies didn't take hold yet, but I'll try again after they finish these other shows.

Oh, they also like the 1995 Spider-Man cartoon. Thanks Disney+ !

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Still umming and Arring whether I'm going to commit to this.

I don't have kids in the house and I'm mostly only interested in the Mandalorian. Most of the major films on the Disney+ list that I like , well I have them on DVD or Blu-Ray.

It actually installed an icon on my smart TV so it'll be easy to run. I think I'm waiting to see what else is coming.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have 4 shows that my kids are enjoying. 3 are from my childhood, and one is theirs.

DuckTales
TaleSpin
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Jake and the Never Land Pirates

Muppet Babies didn't take hold yet, but I'll try again after they finish these other shows.

Oh, they also like the 1995 Spider-Man cartoon. Thanks Disney+ !

I thought you meant original muppet babies. Way to crush my dreams.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Still umming and Arring whether I'm going to commit to this.

I don't have kids in the house and I'm mostly only interested in the Mandalorian. Most of the major films on the Disney+ list that I like , well I have them on DVD or Blu-Ray.

It actually installed an icon on my smart TV so it'll be easy to run. I think I'm waiting to see what else is coming.

do you have a 4K TV? All the newer movies including all (most?) of the MCU movies are in 4K and many are with Dolby Vision if you have it. Most also have a whole bunch of extras which is really cool. Places are also giving out a year of D+ free, like certain Verizon/FIOS subs or if you buy certain new TVs you get a year of D+

The TV shows are also fantastic, like all 30 seasons of the Simpsons or as people said above DuckTales, Talespin, Chip n Dale, on and on and on.

but yeah there are only two good original shows right now, Mandalorian (10/10) and Jeff Goldblum talks to the camera for 30 minutes about random shit (9/10). There are 3-4 other original shows but they all seem kinda dumb or corporate commercials basically (see how awesome people who work at Disney are! kinda thing)

next year should start bringing online a bunch of MCU TV shows that fold into the overall MCU so definitely be a good time to jump in then if you wait.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you don't have kids the content is rather limited unless you want to revisit some classics or watch marvel movies, after kids are sleeping and I've already seen the newest mandalorian, I'm turning to Netflix/ hulu/Amazon prime or standard tv.

But Disney+ is on a lot for the kids

• 2Like