Dissidia Final Fantasy Omnia Opera - Another FF Mobile Game

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This game has been out in Japan for a year, but just hit global! Apparently it's mostly not-stamina based and not too nasty of a gacha.

Official Twitter: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA (@DissidiaFFOO) | Twitter
Google PlayStore: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY OPERA OMNIA - Android Apps on Google Play
iOS App Store:
Community Reddit: Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia • r/DissidiaFFOO
Community Discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
Global Launch: Jan 30, 2018

All new players get 5,000 gems (basically, one free 11 pull) for the launch celebration. Game seems fun, but admittedly I haven't done much beyond rerolling the initial gacha.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Be careful, the reddit thread about this on the FFRK forums had people saying that this isn't doing well in Japan. Thought I guess it's doing good enough for a translation team?

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I only just finished the tutorial, but it seems ok so far. Kind of like a combination of FFRK and FFBE. Seems strange to me that they are making so many different mobile games that are fairly similar.

Burr

Molten Core Raider
So far it isn’t too bad but without a stamina system it seems the content is going to be devoured quickly. I pulled an enhancer for my WOL but don’t know how good that it which is another problem. The weight of the gatcha doesn’t seem to have that “Yes!” moment.

ID: 308221571

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Cloud/WoL/Terra in 3 pulls, pretty happy! Now to find Terra...

Seems very F2P friendly. I don't see the need to pull again and I've got enough for one or two more.

Enjoying so far.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is there any point to 5* weapons? They passive they give seem underwhelming?

II feel like I could level up a character and just give it someone else's 5* weapon for a similar effect??

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Is there any point to 5* weapons? They passive they give seem underwhelming?

II feel like I could level up a character and just give it someone else's 5* weapon for a similar effect??

Some of the passives suck, some are very powerful. Some make good characters great, some are just bad on bad characters. Cloud's Ogrenix turns him in to a stunlocking champion, whereas Bartz's Chocoblade makes him a little better at brave attacking enemies after his third try.

The stats work on any character––I've been using Warrior Light's weapon on Bartz in my leveling crew––but the passive effect doesn't work on Bartz (and he doesn't get affnity, which just means an extra handful of stats for using his own stuff).

These are day1 weapons – imagine most of these are like Cloud's Buster Sword or some other FFRK Unique Soul Break.

My experience so far is super positive. Compared to FFRK, I'd say this is more of a PSX style Final Fantasy whereas Record Keeper is more of a SNES style Final Fantasy. True turn-based. While Record Keeper tests your strategy (I spend more time S/L'ing and at the party screen than fighting a boss), this game is more about tactics. I leveled up Warrior of Light to 50, have Cloud to 49, and Vaan at 47.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some of the passives suck, some are very powerful. Some make good characters great, some are just bad on bad characters. Cloud's Ogrenix turns him in to a stunlocking champion, whereas Bartz's Chocoblade makes him a little better at brave attacking enemies after his third try.

The stats work on any character––I've been using Warrior Light's weapon on Bartz in my leveling crew––but the passive effect doesn't work on Bartz (and he doesn't get affnity, which just means an extra handful of stats for using his own stuff).

These are day1 weapons – imagine most of these are like Cloud's Buster Sword or some other FFRK Unique Soul Break.

My experience so far is super positive. Compared to FFRK, I'd say this is more of a PSX style Final Fantasy whereas Record Keeper is more of a SNES style Final Fantasy. True turn-based. While Record Keeper tests your strategy (I spend more time S/L'ing and at the party screen than fighting a boss), this game is more about tactics. I leveled up Warrior of Light to 50, have Cloud to 49, and Vaan at 47.
Got Cloud/Terra/WoL above 40 now.

I think my point is just that there's little point pulling for the weapons out at the moment.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yes and no. Right now, you could probably beat everything with 2* weapons.

To continue on my FFRK analogy: pulling a Unique Soul Break for Cloud or Tidus or favorite_character_23 on day 1 will eventually see that weapon get powercreeped into oblivion, but that weapon is going to be pretty good for awhile.

Or to compare the current situation to an MMO: we're launch week of WoW and only the newbie zone has been released. If you grind to level 20 you can probably one-shot everything in that newbie zone anyway, so weapons for even more superfluous power have little point. That said, once you reach appropriate level content, you'll be glad you got that 1% epic weapon drop because it will make a difference.

Whatever weapons we get currently don't matter and eventually don't matter, but that's the nature of character progression games: there's a non-zero amount of time in between where they make a difference.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Its nothing like FFRK so far, even the unique soul breaks at the start of the game could transform your team (Hastega, Medica, Wall, even Wakka's Ball which was day 1).

The gatcha here has no immediate powerboost if you get something. It's not that you could overlevel and clear things with 2* gear, it's that the 5* doesn't make it that much easier from what I can see?

Not a complaint, I'm just sat on 40k gems with nothing to spend it on. I guess I'm pulling for Squall next week!

What I may be missing is that I've not focused on upgrading the weapons, I've been farming crystals to level up the characters. I only have them at lv10.

monnoh

Golden Squire
I like the game, but I can’t get over the lack of flashy specials that FFRK does so well. If they just added SB or limit breaks or something that’d be awesome.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Combat in this game is really, fun. I'm playing it just to enjoy playing it.

I like the game, but I can’t get over the lack of flashy specials that FFRK does so well. If they just added SB or limit breaks or something that’d be awesome.
Cloud has Finishing Touch with lauches the enemy into the air and time right everyone flies into the air and smacks the enemy.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Dicking around on this with my girlfriend for when i travel for work. Not a horrible game so far and alot of co-op stuff so was a good pick up for us.

I have a pretty decked out Terre and Vaan i keep up most the time if any one needs a support (friends support last 5 turns so can be useful to try and help defeat some harder stuff if you are new).

ID: 721034167

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's fun but too grindy so I went back to focusing on FFRK which doesn't have a grind really.

Do coop over and over again for points isn't fun.