Divinity: Original Sin 3

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a real love/hate relationship with this series. I get super into the game, but just burn out like 80% into it. I didn't finish 1 or 2, but put a shitload of time into them.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a real love/hate relationship with this series. I get super into the game, but just burn out like 80% into it. I didn't finish 1 or 2, but put a shitload of time into them.

Same but I don’t really hate the game for it, just my lack of time and dedication.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I love Divinity Original Sin (and am halfway through my Nth play through as I type this) but I didn't like the sequel at all. I went through it once and found it a frustrating experience with numerous gimmick encounters and that goddamn fucking squirrel. The first game had a problem where you had to scour merchants every level if you were looking for specific stats/combinations and that got no better in DOS:2. The scaling was also pretty borked in that one. The further you got in the game the more sense it made to dump whatever you were wearing for something fresh off a merchant. If you didn't have enough armor and magic defense you'd just get rocked. By the end of the game I was dumping everything I had every level to keep up and everything was coming from the same two or three merchants that I checked each hour.

The Blessing/Cursed system just meant there were a mess of terrain I couldn't really do all that much about. Several enemies just fucking ooze Curse, Cursed Fire, Cursed Water, etc and getting rid of it isn't really an option.

I'm hoping three is a little closer to one than two.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The Definitive/whatever it was edition seemed to tone down a lot of it, but yeah, felt like they definitely went overboard with the layering/number of ground effects. Wasn't really a 'pick up and go' kind of game, playing with two/three other people. Lot of limitations on what could be played tactically given everything's tendency to fucking explode in Cursed Everything. Played a support class and its overreliance on Source Point spells was kind of lame. Before every encounter go suck up some SP in town, drop Defensive Dome, repeat. Once we figured out the bone widows were stupid OP everything became trivialized, and never managed to stay interested enough to beat it :(

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only part of 2 I remember being over the top with cursed shit was rescuing the guy from the desert pit which spawns 20 earth oozes followed by 20 fire oozes. Not sure where you all see it being that big of an issue throughout the game?

That fight was definitely stupid on many levels

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I just didn't like the source spells. If you used source spells, it trivilized things and if you didn't it was hard as fuck.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Don't remember much of the first one, but the second one got too easy way too early. I remember a lot of hard fights in act 2, like the fire witch, the giant werewolf, maybe some others. Once you finished that act though the last part of the game was just seeing how fast you could finish each fight to not waste time.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Don't remember much of the first one, but the second one got too easy way too early. I remember a lot of hard fights in act 2, like the fire witch, the giant werewolf, maybe some others. Once you finished that act though the last part of the game was just seeing how fast you could finish each fight to not waste time.

It was the opposite for me. I found the first one ez-mode, but the 2nd was consistently hard all the way through. The final battle was practically impossible without cheesing it with some OP tea you find in the final city.

That being said, I found the 2nd one to be phenomenal and ranks in my top ten RPG's of all time easily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Real trolling. Its not Divinity OS:3, or Baldur's Gate 3. Its actually Divinity 3, an Open world, fps shooter.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Huh. I did think it a little soon for a D:OS3, especially when they just announced that spin-off that Logic Artists is making a couple months ago.

If it is Baldur's Gate, I hope they can carry over the Lone Wolf mechanic from Divinity. I like me some RPGs, but I can sometimes find micromanaging a full party to be a chore (especially in a game as build-heavy as Divinity is). Being able to just rock a half-party--and have the game more or less balance around that--is really nice.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed the first 2, will play this with my friend with whom I played the first 2...even though he fucked me over at the end of 2. :)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Was that the EE version? I think they added 30 hours of content to that, most in Act 3 (especially fleshing out the story for Beast). Not yet in act 3, so can't say the difference myself.

I modded my current playthrough so I can use all characters to see all the story content (not playing it again), added some new class skills and made it harder. I have 6 characters, but it is still brutal on tactician.

Haven't played the Baldur's Gate games in decades probably. Will have to do a full run of them if this really is BG3. I can't think of a studio better than Larian to make BG3 either. Who else makes (good) CRPGs these days? Owlcat has the potential to be an amazing studio in the future, but they are way too small for something of that scope now.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nice. I just picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 so I should be ready to play this one by 2022.
Real trolling. Its not Divinity OS:3, or Baldur's Gate 3. Its actually Divinity 3, an Open world, fps shooter.
I keep meaning to go back and finish Divinity II. The story was fun but I only made it a couple acts in before I got distracted by another game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I loved D:OS 1 & 2, beat them both multiple times - i just wish they were like 2-3x as long