Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started this up finally, despite having #2 already out. Don't want to clutter that thread with questions I have about this one.

Just went through the first tutorial little dungeon that you get sent into, and it was a cake walk. Playing on Classic Mode. I don't think I had access to a higher difficulty. Wife is a wayfarer or ranger, didn't see which she picked, and I'm a knight. My heal is OP! But does it ramp up pretty quick in terms of difficulty, or is it going to continue to be easy where there's no thought necessary going into the battles?

Thanks.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You will get your ass handed to you in no time. The tutorial dungeon. Lol

Crone

You will get your ass handed to you in no time. The tutorial dungeon. Lol
Good to know. I can see Explorer mode staying pretty easy, but I'm glad that Classic Mode starts to get harder.

I LOVE the RP back and fourth between characters. It's awesome to not have to talk really about a decision, and we just RP the answers we want, and then paper, rock, scissors the decision. hahaha! So great!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know if I was under geared or what, but I remember having RNG issues with my party being completely/mostly obliterated before I even had a turn to do anything.

Lowered the difficulty and just face stomped everything. Never finished because of that

Crone

I don't know if I was under geared or what, but I remember having RNG issues with my party being completely/mostly obliterated before I even had a turn to do anything.

Lowered the difficulty and just face stomped everything. Never finished because of that
Hopefully I chose the right party! Haha

Needless

Toe Sucker
Positioning is like 90% of why you would die on an ambush, reload your save and prepare for the ambush next time. You shouldn't have to play on explorer mode lol

Even last night i was walking on some path, looted a corpse and 2 stealth snipers ambushed me and insta wiped 2 of my characters because i had 4 people clumped up beside each other lol, reloading i just keep my squishies further away and spread out, then destroyed the ambushers

also... save often :p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
On sale on PSN for $9.99. finally time for me to buy in to this series. Even used copies on Amazon are still over $50.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like the game so much I was willing to mindless grind in search of a level cap and to see if anything weird happened with items and/or crafting. It's a steal for ten dollars.

thirtyone.png

It's 100% pointless but I do find it interesting that crafted gear just seems to scale forever even if everything that drops or is store bought caps at 20. Basically no level cap is odd as well. They gave themselves a ton of room to just bolt an expansion right on top of the game.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i bought this for $10 on PS4, but now it's up for $10 on PC as well, finally. the controls were super clunky on PS4. i'm not too crazy for wanting to repurchase it on PC so i can play with mouse & keyboard, right?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
i bought this for $10 on PS4, but now it's up for $10 on PC as well, finally. the controls were super clunky on PS4. i'm not too crazy for wanting to repurchase it on PC so i can play with mouse & keyboard, right?
You get two copies for $13.99 it says.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been looking for an RPG fix and one of the folks I play DnD with mentioned this and #2 to me. Is this something that's playable solo and you can hop into co-op easily if you feel like it, or do you really need the co-op for it to be enjoyable?

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
You can totally enjoy the game solo since you would just be the one in charge of all your party members. By default DOS1 is meant for either 1 or 2 players, but there is a mod available somewhere that can expand it to 4. DOS2 can be played by 1-4 players.

Co-op for both games requires one person to be the host that loads up the save game, and then they invite everyone else or they can jump in via Steam's join game. If you want as the host you can play your co-op game on your own for a bit, and then invite friends back in again later. I've done that a lot when doing a large 4 player co-op game to do inventory clean up and selling stuff to vendors so when we get together to play (once a week or every other week) we don't have to waste time screwing around with it.

The game plays very much like Arcanum, Fallout 1 or 2 where you have an isometric view of your party and turn based combat where each player gets a number of Action Points (AP) to do move and kill stuff.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Been looking for an RPG fix and one of the folks I play DnD with mentioned this and #2 to me. Is this something that's playable solo and you can hop into co-op easily if you feel like it, or do you really need the co-op for it to be enjoyable?

Game is very good solo or with a friend, don't worry about it if it is just you.