Do any good video game movies exist?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i enjoyed resident evil when it came out but i'm hard-pressed to think of other decent movies.

the most disappointing was max payne. how do you fuck up a max payne movie?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
The Wizard was about kids/video games, and The Glove if that counts

They made some final fantasy stuff, but wish they'd make a ff3

Szlia

Straight video game adaptations or video game related movies? The latter is a better provider of decent movies, like, say... Scott Pilgrim vs The World, both Tron, WarGames or Summer Wars.

As for straight video game adaptations I believe there are a couple decent animated movies (Street Fighter II) and isn't one of the early Mortal Kombat movies supposed to be ok? I have much hate for Silent Hill though...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_18424.jpg

Yep

rrr_img_18424.jpg

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mortal kombat 1 was solid as a movie.

Silent hill, Resident evil, hitman, prince of persia, tomb raider are all.. ok. most are more then watchable for the action. while the plots are shit. and most have little to nothing to do with the series is based on.

Video game related.
Wreck it ralph, Tron 1 and 2(Is a movie first, not a movie based on a game.) Scott pilgrim is a comic, but again related to games. eXistenz, last starfighter, wargames.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
you'll never get better than
At the 4:40 mark what the fuck was Guile doing? Bison was clearly flying at him and he just stood there and took the flying superman punch at 3 MPH.

Best movie related to video games ever is The Wizard. It was completely one advertisement after another but it ruled.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is a cheesy movie that nobody remembers, but i for some reason always had to watch it when it was on local TV. it was called Cloak and Dagger. its about a kid with an overactive imagination because he is lonely. he even makes up a badass imaginary friend who he plays spy games with. he ends up in a real life spy game based around a microchip hidden inside a atari 5200 game that you can unlock its secret by winning its game, Cloak and Dagger i havent seen that movie in years but its fun watching 1980s video game stuff and dabney coleman as the imaginary friend is awesome. also the graphics on the 5200 game are shittastically funny

chilansl

Lord Nagafen Raider
there is a cheesy movie that nobody remembers, but i for some reason always had to watch it when it was on local TV. it was called Cloak and Dagger. its about a kid with an overactive imagination because he is lonely. he even makes up a badass imaginary friend who he plays spy games with. he ends up in a real life spy game based around a microchip hidden inside a atari 5200 game that you can unlock its secret by winning its game, Cloak and Dagger i havent seen that movie in years but its fun watching 1980s video game stuff and dabney coleman as the imaginary friend is awesome. also the graphics on the 5200 game are shittastically funny
My jaw dropped when I saw this movie. It was the first Dabney Coleman role I had seen where he wasn't an asshole. And he was great, in two roles.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have this DVD, and like so many other old 80's movies, your memories are distorted and lying to you. It's not that good.

Doom was watchable only to see Karl Urban as a badass and Rock as a bad guy, not much else. I think Jason X: Jason in Space had better death scenes...

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Dungeons & Dragons for the masochists.
d%2526d+movie.jpg

I'm told there are sequels (!)
rrr_img_18508.jpg

d%2526d+movie.jpg

rrr_img_18508.jpg

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sequals are pretty good as far as I'm concerned.
They are both Scifi made for tv movies. with the production values of that.