Doctor Doom

Juvarisx

Florida
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Doctor Doom

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Noah Hawley

Plot: Marvel's Doctor Doom tells the origin story of Victor Von Doom and how he becomes the infamous Dr. Doom.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah the rumors about Fox making a serious effort to salvage the property so it could hold on to the rights started to surface a few weeks ago. That was centered around the kids of the original team though.

Fox was never going to let those rights just slide back over to Marvel with no more than a whimper.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I mean... I guess if there's anybody over at Fox that can make it work, it's Noah Hawley.

• 1Worf

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If they really want to keep the rights of F4, just make movies with small budgets. It will always flop but at least, you will lose some millions and not hundreds of them.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

How much does the movie have to be related to the source IP to keep their rights? Can they just make a normal movie and add in a scene where someone is reading a news paper or email - and it says the main characters are the f4- even though it's totally unrelated? Lol

• 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If I was Fox, I would hand it over so I could sleep at night. I'm surprised they haven't invoked some kind of curse or demon to haunt their dreams after what they have done to that IP. It's really sad. Fantastic Four could have a great role in the MCU at this point. It would be cool to have the Illuminati show up too.

• 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If I was Fox, I would hand it over so I could sleep at night. I'm surprised they haven't invoked some kind of curse or demon to haunt their dreams after what they have done to that IP. It's really sad. Fantastic Four could have a great role in the MCU at this point. It would be cool to have the Illuminati show up too.
Fantastic Four is pretty gay. At least with Fox they're just fagging up their own shit and not tainting any other franchises.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to boycott this movie. Fox should just let the rights go already.

• 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm going to boycott this movie. Fox should just let the rights go already.
"Hey you know that IP we hold worth hundreds of millions? Yeah a bunch of virgins on the internet are telling us to hand it over to Marvel, so we should prob do what they say."

Yep, this is exactly how business works.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"Hey you know that IP we hold worth hundreds of millions? Yeah a bunch of virgins on the internet are telling us to hand it over to Marvel, so we should prob do what they say."

Yep, this is exactly how business works.

Did I say I don't understand why they're doing it? People don't usually boycott things for any reason other than disliking the way business works.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yet another thread derailed by kegkilla.

Rosa Parks was doing a protest, not a boycott, btw.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Noah Hawley is an amazing choice for this. It's actually smart to center a movie around Marvel's best villain, if you want to call him a villain I guess. Just wish they'd make some deals to get the fucking Avengers/Spidey/Xmen all involved.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
It's not worth hundreds of millions if every time you take it out of the value, blow the dust off it, open it up, and then lose millions.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I hear in this one the Human Torch is asian and female.

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
hey Michael B Jordan is pretty fucking good actor.

and Kate Mara is nice eye candy.

not there fault the film was terrible from conception onwards

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
To be honest, the last FF actually seemed like it would be entertaining. At least once they started to show some pictures of the film. Everyone hated the idea of Dr. Doom being a computer hacker, and that being his online alias, but the rest seemed decent enough.

Then the reviews started coming out. Oh boy.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database