Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
4.43 star(s) Rating: 4.43/5 7 Votes
Title: Doom Patrol

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2019-02-15

Creator: Greg Berlanti

Cast: Timothy Dalton, April Bowlby, Diane Guerrero, Matt Bomer, Brendan Fraser, Joivan Wade, Alan Tudyk

Overview: The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Coming Feb 15, 2019

Teaser Trailer

Looking forward to it. I enjoyed Titans a lot, hope they keep the quality up!

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Cyborg bugs the hell out of me. I'm all for practical effects, but at least have the prosthetic match the curve of his head and not look like it was made for a child.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This actually looks pretty decent, production looks damn good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The episode of Titans (good show) that had them in it was fun and they seem like an interesting bunch of characters. Will definitely check this out.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The episode of Titans (good show) that had them in it was fun and they seem like an interesting bunch of characters. Will definitely check this out.

I have a feeling Doom Patrol is going to be like the Legends of Tomorrow of the DC streaming service. Meaning the quirky/funny show.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The first episode was a fuckton better than it had any right to be.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doom Patrol
Pilot
Season: 1
Episode: 1
Air date: 2019-02-15

Guest stars: Alan Tudyk, Riley Shanahan, Matthew Zuk, Julie McNiven, Julian Richings, Kyle Russell Clements, Alan Heckner, Sydney Kowalske, Ashley Dougherty, Katie Gunders, Monique Yvette Grant, Juan Hemandez, Todd Allen Durkin, Peter Leake, Daniel Baldock, Quinten Johnson, Oregon Sydney, James J. Fuertes, Jwaundace Candece, Caleb Willi, Alton Willia, Thomas Williams, Vailana Antonucci, Brian Patrick Murphy, Amanda Martins, Durrell Lyon, Justin James Boykin
The reluctant heroes of the Doom Patrol – Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Woman and Crazy Jane face the threat of Mr. Nobody, who’s after The Chief.

I think my biggest problem was just trying to figure out what kind of show it was going to be in the first episode. The uhh "powers" are relatively vacant, or even obtrusive. I dont know anything about the comics or lore, so that probably helps in multiple ways. Really enjoyed the first episode.

What sucks is not my gripe with the show, but the fact you have to subscribe to the service if you want to support it. I get that they dont want to have a third party like Netflix, but eight bucks is ridiculous to me. The show is well worth the watch, but Im very much "doom and gloom" about it getting the attention it should get because its behind such an expensive (for what you get) pay wall.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The DC streaming service is surprisingly good. Titans surprised us, we were able to get caught up on Young Justice, and then Doom Patrol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"Fans of Grant Morrison, Reddit Trolls with a DC Subscription and the three new fans who stuck around after the bit with the donkey"

I fucking lost it. This show is exactly what it needed to be.

• 2Like

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
The pilot is REALLY good. I think it's easier to write a great pilot with a ton of unanswered questions than it is to answer them, though. We'll see but I really liked what they showed so far.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Second episode held up well and , personally, I think it was better than the pilot. My only gripe was Cyborg. This version isn't horrible or anything, but I feel like every.. single... dc... production... is trying to ram cyborg down our throat. Although I will admit I like this cyborg more than the one from the JL movie by a damn long shot. Fraiser is doing better voicing work than I thought he ever would. Jury is still out on how they develop the other "team members".

And so far every single bit of Alan Tudyk's performance has been far more than this show deserves, and probably more than we as a society deserve. This show in general is far better than it has any real right to be.

As for the DC streaming service. My wife picked it up because she's in a Batman phase at the moment and wanted to soak up all that glorious DCAU batman stuff on there. I hven't watched Titans, she did and was "whelmed". Young Justice seemed pretty good and this is very solid. In the grand scheme of things if they can follow this up with a good Swamp Thing series I won't have a problem with the subscription for now.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I want a Booster Gold series, dammit.

I have long had dreams of this. Dreamcasted as a Booster/Beetle series with NPH in the lead and Nathan Fillion as Ted Kord. Leading into the late 80's style JL as a TV series.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Second episode held up well and , personally, I think it was better than the pilot. My only gripe was Cyborg. This version isn't horrible or anything, but I feel like every.. single... dc... production... is trying to ram cyborg down our throat. Although I will admit I like this cyborg more than the one from the JL movie by a damn long shot. Fraiser is doing better voicing work than I thought he ever would. Jury is still out on how they develop the other "team members".

And so far every single bit of Alan Tudyk's performance has been far more than this show deserves, and probably more than we as a society deserve. This show in general is far better than it has any real right to be.

As for the DC streaming service. My wife picked it up because she's in a Batman phase at the moment and wanted to soak up all that glorious DCAU batman stuff on there. I hven't watched Titans, she did and was "whelmed". Young Justice seemed pretty good and this is very solid. In the grand scheme of things if they can follow this up with a good Swamp Thing series I won't have a problem with the subscription for now.

I think the main thing with Cyborg here is he's replacing the spot Beast Boy should have been in. I think since they used him in Titans they decided to plug in Cyborg on Doom Patrol. Probably as a precursor to him ending up on Titans eventually.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database