doping common in eSports

spronk

FPS noob
Esports: Doping is rampant, industry insider claims - tech - 13 August 2014 - New Scientist

On 4 August, Bjoern Franzen - a consultant and marketer formerly with one of the world's largest esports companies - publicly declared that doping in esports is rampant. In a lengthy blog post, Franzen wrote that gaming firms and the media are turning a blind eye to the substance use right under their noses.

"I have seen players pop a pill even an hour before important games either to calm them down or push themselves," he told New Scientist.

please stream on twitch the gam3rs taking piss tests before a DOTA2 match

also explains why xx420NoScopeBlazeItF3gg0txxx beat me in Titanfall, he was doping

better not stop these amazing displays though

ivFwTZEqZy7LR.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That's the most exercise that dude has done in years.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty well known, many players have nerve issues so whatever helps them calm down, they use it. The thing is that it affects everyone differently, so it's pretty hard to quantify, unlike, say, EPO or steroids. Fuck, half the teams are sponsored by Monster or Redbull or some other similar company. Where do you draw the line ?

Any kind of ban is unenforceable in online matches anyway.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lets be honest here, we're talking about a bunch of nerds who have spent all day gaming for years; is there really a surprise that some of them might have ADHD or anxiety disorders? Taking a pill doesn't necessarily mean cheating they may merely be taking proscribed medication.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lets be honest here, we're talking about a bunch of nerds who have spent all day gaming for years; is there really a surprise that some of them might have ADHD or anxiety disorders? Taking a pill doesn't necessarily mean cheating they may merely be taking proscribed medication.
Prescribed medication is alright, because you get informed on proper dosage, if you get it through more shady ways, your risk of overdosing, side effects or even interacting with some other medication you might be taking is much higher.

As usual, this stuff is only reported as "people take stuff", nobody is gonna point a finger and no major tournament will start testing people, because it's only going to hurt them. Sadly, somebody will probably die before people will get educated why this isn't a good idea. Then you also have countries who adopt very nationalistic stance in esports, like China or Korea, where winning is the only thing that matters and shit will hit the fan at some point.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its hard not to call a "Duh" here. To believe that a good amount of professional gamers arent taking Adderall or something similar is silly. Being able to acutely focus on not only the visible area of the map you're in, but also ability timers, last hitting, the mini map, harassment, and god knows what other shit these competitive games have to them. Far and away from the relaxing reason that I play games for.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would smoke some weed before a big match. It would help me focus and calm down.

Szlia

There are anxiolytics that are not on the banned substance list of the IOC (the go-to list for amateur sport leagues).

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Oh shit I fell down. It's okay justin, just roll with it bro, you got this buddy, you're a fighting champion. SPRING & CHEER BUDDY YOU GOT THiS.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
At first i thought that was MC and i was like DAaaamn, dude gained weight!

Such chubbiness makes you roll smoothly tho.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh shit I fell down. It's okay justin, just roll with it bro, you got this buddy, you're a fighting champion. SPRING & CHEER BUDDY YOU GOT THiS.
There's a great .gif out there of Marn's fat ass having to barrel roll off or onto a 2' tall stage because he's so out of shape.

As for the article. Who gives a fuck? Seriously. But any extra attention for FGC is good attention.