DOTA 2

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The power creep in Dota has become insane. Almost every hero has a fast way to farm now and you can get full slotted + aghs + shard almost every game if you're a core. Makes it more exciting to watch but there's no way I'm jumping back into it.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Im cheering for LGD but quinn is NAs final hope so i hope GG can pull through
Watching GG vs Azure last night with ODPixel casting was prolly the first game I've watched where I felt like it was exciting. Pretty certain the caster had something to do with it, but it was nice to see a quick, push your shit in and win the game strat instead of the long grindy slugfest of strength and blademail with both teams doing the same strategy just waiting for someone to fuck up and lose.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This TI's format was atrocious. The International use to start and complete in one week. This year it took them 18 days and 3 different venues. All the excitement and momentum was sucked out of the event.

Tickets for the event went from around $150 to $800, and you had to buy those tickets so far in advance that 60% of the teams were already knocked out before you even got to see any of the teams play in the arena. And fun events like the All Star/Show match got cut.

The compendium was a $7.49 donation and you got nothing in return for it. The prize pool dropped -92.5% from 2021. You had other tournaments during the year that dwarfed TI in prize pool money. You kill the casual's interest in the game, the money dries up, and the pro's will find another game to devote their time to.

All of this is self-inflicted and terrible decisions. By 2016 or so they had really fine tuned almost all aspects of the event. Now, they made the decision and said, "We figured out E-Sport format perfection, so let's not do any of that anymore."

WTF??? This is peak malpractice or abject laziness. Gaben must be so far removed that even he doesn't care enough anymore to hold anyone responsible.

The Dota death-spiral started in 2023.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Shopify dropped everybody but arteezy and saberlight, now arteezy just announced hes streaming on Kick
It truly is over for competitive dota

Needless

Toe Sucker
He's currently streaming on twitch also so it could be a contract thing that hasn't started? who knows, hopefully its not a kick exclusive thing because theres no shot i'd bother loading that up