DOTA Auto Chess

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Wanted to start a new thread on this mod rather posting it in the DOTA thread.

This shit is addicting. Anyone else playing it?

Managed to climb to Bishop-1 before falling back down to Knight-7 again by experimenting new builds. Warrior builds seems to be giving me a lot of success but have been trying to make Dragons work as they seem OP in the late game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I haven’t played a ranked DOTA game in like two years and only play mod games, usually Overthrow and IMBA.

I’ve seen this one pop up on the games list, will have to try it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
"A quick guide"
Lmaooooooooo

I wouldnt touch this shit, i have a few friends that are mad addicted to it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
this shit is fun. feels like it could be what dota was to wc3

Intropy

Shit Gamer
I need a good TLDR noob starter guide, these things are long as fuck

1. Buy matching units, three of a kind upgrades from 1 star to 2 star.
2. Field units of the same race and class to get bonuses for the whole team (ie. 3 Warrior Orcs gives you Warrior and Orc bonus).
3. Don't be afraid to spend all your money for the first few rounds buying every unit you see, they can be resold for full refund if not upgraded.
4. Try to get to 50 gold as quickly as possible without taking excessive damage, and then maintain that amount in order to get 10% bonus gold at the start of each round (no additional bonus past 50).

Last edited:

Cybsled

Solo demons get bonus damage. Any rank 4 or 5 unit can potentially be good solo. Tide hunter is godly, Kunkka is powerful. Doom is good also, since a well placed doom ult can remove a threatening units abilities.

Some of the set bonuses are less powerful than others. The elf ones, for instance, only effect elves. But stuff like warlock life steal or the troll 4 buff impacts everyone.

Cybsled

Wouldn't surprise me considering Counter Strike and DOTA's origins. DOTA Chess pisses me off something fierce sometimes, though...you get fucked by RNG and players snagged pieces first so much. The only time I ever won is when I got a 4 troll haste buff and got a Mjorner for my level 2 troll warlord. The thing proc'd so much and was shredding the enemy team lol

Kiki

Log Wizard
I've never played dota, so I'm pretty lost there. This game is hard. I can get thru early game better now, but late I go from first to last and start getting wrecked. I just can't get lategame, no matter how much gold I have. My comp just probably ends up terrible, but I have no way to improve it even rolling 6 times a turn lategame. Rng and composition just fuck me, and I have no idea about items either. My late game good champs are level 1 still, and even if I keep some level 3s and twos I get wrecked.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The last patch has items dropping from people who get eliminated from the game. It's actually really awesome, and makes it feel like you can do much more with items.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Significant patch in game function today

- Realtime update: Players will be updated and informed with the ranking changes and candy rewards for the game when eliminated, instead of at the end of the game. Eliminated players are free to continue spectatng or start a new game.
- Added new feature: Click-and-Place: you can now left-click on your pieces to select and move them, instead of selecting the Courier first then the ability, which allows you to change the team formation with increased ease. (Smooth as silk!) Disabled by default and can be enabled at top right corner.
- You can now move pieces directly among your bench slots to sort them as you like.
- Optimized battle AI for chess pieces to avoid repeated attack points.
- Optimized movement AI for chess pieces to address the problem which ranged pieces doing additionl leaps even enemies are within attck range.
- Optimized melee pieces' AI to allow them attack and cast abilities diagonally.
- Optimized AI of Tiny, Queen of Pain, Axe, Juggernaut and etc. They will no longer cast abilities when no enemies are around.
- Optimized the abilitiy backswing of Morphing and Sniper, and fixed a bug which Waveform causing Morphling landing on an unexpected square.
- Optimized AI of summoned units. They will now immediately start battling after being summoned.
- Priests' Barrier now simply rounds the amount of damage reduced to the nearest integer, instead of always rounding down.
- Shadow Shaman's Hex and Scythe of Vyse now tend to target higher-leveled pieces.
- Reworked animate portrait to corretly display pieces and Couriers as much as possible (most of the Couriers are seen as blank previously).
- Improved accuracy in calculating last standing times to avoid players who died at the same instance receiving different ranking and rewards.
- Reworked some cosmetic items for Drow Ranger and Clockwerk.
- Fixed minor bugs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I started playing this and am enjoying it a lot. It is better then the SCII arcade version.

Why I recommend:
+ free game
+ decent depth
+ great pacing, no boring moments during the game
+ online play in FFA 8 player model (ever since LoL I enjoy online games that do not involve forced teams)
+ active community so games are always running