DOTA: Dragon's Blood

Qhue

Trump's Staff
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 4 Votes
Title: DOTA: Dragon's Blood

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-03-25

Overview: After encounters with a dragon and a princess on her own mission, a Dragon Knight becomes embroiled in events larger than he could have ever imagined.

Cybsled

The real question: Does the anime have a player spam pinging you when you die and saying "GG" over and over 4 minutes into the game?

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
The real question: Does the anime have a player spam pinging you when you die and saying "GG" over and over 4 minutes into the game?

It wouldn't be complete unless it has one of the good guys go the wrong way, and then have his teammates tell him he's fucking trash and should kill himself IRL.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Beginning of each episode: Standing in a shallow river waiting for a rune to spawn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every episode should be arguing over who is mid, intentionally feeding while calling teammates naggers, then afk'ing in fountain.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
any more comedy geniuses want to make references to dota 2 gameplay?

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The studio in question is Studio Mir which did Legend of Korra and additionally did Voltron: Legendary Defender for Netflix previously. The brief sample in the above trailer doesn't seem as smooth as I would have expected however so they may have skimped on the in-betweener passes.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
KEKL gachi

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

This was pretty fucking awesome. It better get a season 2 with how they ended it. Main heroes in this were Dragonknight, Mirana, Invoker, Luna, and Terrorblade. Invoker gets a pretty interesting back story as well. One of the characters kinda reminded me of Sven, but not sure it was them. The new elf girl they introduced I am willing to bet ends up being the new hero they announce next month.

• 2Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Outside of avatar, korra, and voltron I don't watch anime, I really liked it, hoping for a season2. (Same studio did korra and voltron).

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its weird watching it because, of course, we are all familiar enough with the baseline characters from the mod that they got twisted somewhat to fit a not IP-violating narrative. Maybe if I was more in tune with the DOTA lore itself it'd be clearer?

Cybsled

That happened when Valve made DoTA2. Night silver woods became humans instead of elves, renamed moon goddess, etc.

The lore in the show is fairly consistent with DOTA2 based on Slack’s lore videos. Like one detail when Invoker talks about shopkeeper magic. In the games lore, the shopkeeper is basically a god level
Entity. Roshan was originally some dude that tried to steal from the shopkeeper and got cursed to become what they are today.

I think the show is supposed to take place approx 10 years before the events of the game? That is why Davion is a bit different, because he hasn’t fully become Dragon Knight from the game (although he does have some abilities already)

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Where are the supports in this? Someone has to place wards.

Series was fine in the vein of Castlevania and Blood of Zeus. Now I need to play some carries and blame my team for my bad play.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database